Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Sasktel

Delete email on BB10 but DO NOT DELETE from mail box

Where is the settting that will allow me to delete an email from my BB10, but still have it deliver to my computer?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Delete email on BB10 but DO NOT DELETE from mail box

Unfortunately, that option does not exist on the Z10.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: Sasktel

Sigh. This is so aggravating.
Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

The current workaround is explained here.

Simply file the messages in another folder and turn off 'display filed messages' in the settings. Smiley Happy That allows you to keep the files in a folder on your IMAP/ActiveSync folder and not see them on the device.

The only caveat right now is that for the messages to not be seen in the hub on the z10, they must be marked as read. Not sure if that is by design or a bug at this time. Smiley Happy

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

That is hardly a workaround. With the current system deleting emails deletes them on the server. It is the same way with other devices, too, so BlackBerry is not the only device with the problem. It's just different than most BB users are used to coming from the BIS system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Advisor III

OK, I won't call it a "workaround" anymore l'll call it a "new workflow".

I still personally consider it a "workaround" until I get confirmation on whether or not the deleted items should be going into the "Wastebasket" as the BB10 calls it, or the "Trash" as most IMAP servers call it. If it is supposed to delete to the wastebasket, which most IMAP clients do, then there is a bug and this is a workaround.

But that is all semantics.. I'll just start calling it "new workflow", as that fits better with the "Blackberry Flow" theme.

Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Guru II

None of the trash folders and deleted items folders will allow items to be moved to them. You'd have to create your own. Takes way too much time to "file" each message rather than delete.

Other platforms have the same issue. I researched it yesterday and found loads of iphone users having the same issue.

Forums Advisor III

Yes, but if items were to automagically go to the trash folders as a default, that would make this issue go away. Especially if you could chose what folder was your folder, say a folder called "Deleted from Z10" Smiley Happy

Obviously this isn't a function yet, but I'd like to think that they were smart enough to figure out that this is how it was supposed to work, and that there is just a bug. But I'm occasionally an optimist. Smiley Happy

I don't dispute that filing an item takes one or two more touched, but if you haven't turned off the delete confirmation.. you are only one touch different. Smiley Happy multi select also works with filing, so it is still only one touch different to do a pile of files. Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: rogers

I have a BB10 and have this same problem.  I want to delete emails from my BB10 and have the email remain in my inbox on the server at work.  I could set up my previous BB that way.

Here's the riddle.  I have a colleague at work who also has a BB10, same work server, and the same service provider. When she deletes an email on her BB10, the email remains in her inbox on the server.

We have compared BB10 Setups and they are identical.  So there is a solution here.  It's just not apparent.

Guru II

Ted_N wrote:

I have a BB10 and have this same problem.  I want to delete emails from my BB10 and have the email remain in my inbox on the server at work.  I could set up my previous BB that way.

Here's the riddle.  I have a colleague at work who also has a BB10, same work server, and the same service provider. When she deletes an email on her BB10, the email remains in her inbox on the server.

We have compared BB10 Setups and they are identical.  So there is a solution here.  It's just not apparent.

My guess is she has personal folders setup where a copy of the mail is moved to a personal folder when it arrives in the inbox.  Deleting on the Z10 device will remove it from the server but not from personal folders in Outlook.