Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: telus

Delete prior and Mypin does not work in text messages

So as the subject line states delete prior and typing mypin to generate....wait for it...... my pin, both do not work in the text messaging platform.  Anyone else experience this and anyway to fix this?  My provider will swap my phone on monday but if there is a fix I wont need to make the trek.  Thanks

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Delete prior and Mypin does not work in text messages

Autotext and delete prior is not working in SMS messages. These are known issues and will hopefully be fixed in a future OS update.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Is it working for anyone out there?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

No, that's why I said it was a known issue and would be fixed in a future update. It is broken and needs to be fixed with a software update.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Ok thanks, I only asked as I am new to this forum don't know who is responding and how credible and definitive each one is. Thanks for all the help everyone 

Guru II

While this isn't always true, post count along with length of time one has been a member of a certain forum, (found under a member's name) can tell a lot about the credibility. It doesn't always mean the info you're getting is accurate, but it does give you some indication of credibility.

If you visit frequently you'll learn who posts good info and who doesn't.

Contributor

Roger that,

thanks 

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: vodafone

John I dont want to upset the apple cart here, perhaps we have different phones in UK but both predictive text and prior delete work on my unit in SMS text function???

Guru II

There are some differences between the UK devices. Good to know it is actually working on some.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Orange UK

Z10STL100-2/10.0.9.2372 doesn't allow me to use the shortcuts within texts either