Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Delete specific data on Z10 - Calendar, Contacts, etc

Is there any way to delete all data of a certain type on the Z10?  For example, I've been trying to do calendar synch to various online services (Google, Outlook.com) and now have multiple entries in my calendar on the Z10.  I'd like to be able to delete everything in the local Z10 calendar (and contacts after that as same problem there) and then re-synch the device with the updated Blackberry Link software and use my Outlook data as the starting point.  I would prefer not to have to do a full security wipe on the device.

In the old bb world, you could selectively delete data types using the desktop manager.   Happy to do this on the Z10 or while connected to my computer.  Any help appreciated.

msr
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Delete specific data on Z10 - Calendar, Contacts, etc

The easiest way is to go into Settings, accounts and delete the email account. This will wipe all your contacts and settings, also double check to make sure your contacts are not on the Sim card..

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Interesting.  I will give that a try.  Now what about the 'local' items not tied to an email account?

msr
Trusted Contributor
My Device: DTEK60 BBA 100-2
My Carrier: O2 UK

I have deleted the email account and then set it up again.  The Calendar deletes before I resetup the email account, but not the Contacts, even though I reboot the device in between deleting the old email account and resetting up the new account.

Could it be that the Contacts are on the sim card?  How do I check that please?

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

This did not work for me -- still have calendar entries even after deleting ALL email accounts.

Ideas?   The data got there using the BB Link Transfer which I now regret using.

When will we have full capability of BB Desktop Manager, which I why I continued to even bother buying a Blackberry?