Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Device PIN Blocked - Please Help!

Bought a new Z10 and when I put in my rogers SIM card it says 'Device PIN Blocked'.  Search the knowledge base articles and it says contact service provider.  Rogers says its not blocked on their end and not blacklisted in any way.  

I would return to the place I purchased it but I bought it from online classifieds (Kijiji).  Anyone from BlackBerry here that can tell me how to get this device unblocked.

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Device PIN Blocked - Please Help!

[ Edited ]

This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. We are users same as you.

Rogers needs to check with BlackBerry... and see if the PIN has been blocked due to lost or stolen reports.

ALSO: You have your mobile phone number listed as your "My Mobile Provider" or carrier. Putting your phone number out on the internet on these public forums for the world to see, is not wise. To change that, at the top of this page click on My Settings > Personal Profile > Personal Information, and in the entry block for "Carrier" type the name of your mobile provider.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
BlackBerry Employee

gurcharan wrote:

Bought a new Z10 and when I put in my rogers SIM card it says 'Device PIN Blocked'.  Search the knowledge base articles and it says contact service provider.  Rogers says its not blocked on their end and not blacklisted in any way.  

I would return to the place I purchased it but I bought it from online classifieds (Kijiji).  Anyone from BlackBerry here that can tell me how to get this device unblocked.

It's likely been repored stolen. Only way to know for sure would be to call Rogers back and have them get you in contact with BlackBerry to check why.

Super Contributor

As mentioned in the KB article, you need to contact Rogers who in turn would need to contact BlackBerry to find out what's up.

If the device has been reported as stolen, odds are there's nothing they will do, although if that is the case you might want to report the Kijiji seller to the police assuming you have some contact information, etc.

For future reference, if you're buying a device through online ad sites, always have an activated SIM card that you can test in the device prior to handing over the cash.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
New Contributor

Rogers says the device is not blocked at all on their end. Infact, with the sim card installed, it receieves calls but that's it. They said they have no way of checking if BlackBerry is blocking the device.

How can I check with BlackBerry if the device is reported lost/stolen? I do have have enough information to report to the police if need be.

As I said... Rogers MUST escalate the call to BlackBerry.

Rogers is known to be a pill about this type stuff. Ask for a mananger or supervisor. They can and will do this, but you have to get past the idiocy first.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates

Otherwise, just save your time and get your money back from the seller.

Honestly, that's where I'd go first.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Agreed JSanders. Thank u all for the advice.
New Contributor

I have the same problem, & also bought z10 from Kijiji. Do anyone know how to fix this problem?

sthence, read this thread. There is no EASY way to "fix" a blocked PIN.
You need to follow the suggestions already made.

Knowledge Base Updates