Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 - STL100-4
My Carrier: warid

Device truns off automatically

I am using blackberry Z10 STL100-1. Software updated to 10.2.1.3247, working good but it happend 3rd time while I was working on my device and battery about 50% left it suddenly give message that device truns off and shut down. I tried to turn it on but it did not show any pulse. I also try to pull the battery and reinsert it but it did not show any pulse. I plugin my OEM wall charger and red light on, and device display shows empty battry, then start charging in turn off mode. After 5-7 minutes device automatically turn on and battery shows more than 40% to 50% battery. Last day same thing happen and today it will happen again. First time when it happens, I reload the Z10 OS via BBLink and updated device to available OS 10.2.1.3247.

Please guide me as I bought this device recently and it has no warrentty.

Ammar
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Device truns off automatically

One thing I forgot to share, before it comes to shut down an alert or notification tone played and suddenly it shutdown. I have no idea about what notification ring it played. Because after restart I dont have any msg in blackberry HUB menu.

Ammar
Contributor

Need help, it happens again at 46% battery.

Ammar
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: Out

Hi,

It looks very similar to some kind of battery issue: battery goes to death or shut off by battery overheating. Anyway, try to swap battery seems good start for You.