Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Devise Restarting By Itself...?

Hello everyone,

My BlackBerry Z10 keeps restarting by itself at any time.  In fact, this is my second Z10 and both devices are having this issue.  I purchased my 1st Z10 mid-March from Rogers and I've exchanged it mid-April for this reason.   It kept restarting by itself from day 1 and restarted up to 3 times a day.  Very annoying.

People at Rogers told me that it was the device and exchanged it for another one.  Three days after getting the new one, it started doing the same thing, but only once every two days now...

One of the issue when it restarts in the middle of the night is that the bedtime mode does NOT get back on by itself and wakes me up!

Thank you for your replies.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Devise Restarting By Itself...?

It's a known issue, happening on my own as well.

You'll find another thread on the issue here: 

random restarts / reboots

I'd suggest you call Rogers, and ask/demand that your issue instead be escalated to the Tier Two BlackBerry Technical support. You will get an incident number and a phone number and RIM will get logs on the issue and begin to see this is certainly an issue to be dealt with.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code