Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Aircel
Accepted Solution

Disable Files Sharing

My problem is i am using wifi from my office server, when i connect Wifi its automatically shares my mobile files to all LAN system. how disable the access or prompt the access. please help

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Disable Files Sharing

You will do the opposite of what is noted in this instruciton to turn on WiFi sharing.

Complete the following steps to share files over a Wi-Fi connection for BlackBerry 10 smartphone:

1. Swipe down from the top bezel 
  2. Select Settings
  3. Select Storage and Access
  4. Turn Access using Wi-Fi to  On
  5. Tap Identification on Network to verify network identification information (BlackBerry 10 device name, username)
  6. From a Windows or Mac based computer on the same network as the BlackBerry 10 smartphone, navigate to the device matching the name found in  step 5 under network devices or  navigate to the IP address of the BlackBerry smartphone which can be found under Settings > About > Network > Wi-Fi.
    1. On a Windows computer, open the Run dialog box (shortcut of Windows Key + R) and type file:\\127.1.1.1 or \\127.1.1.1 (where 127.1.1.1 should be replaced with the actual IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook)
    2. On a Mac computer, select Go > Connect to Server... and type smb://127.1.1.1 (where 127.1.1.1 should be replaced with the actual IP address of the BlackBerry 10 smartphone)
  7. Once the device is connected to the computer, navigate to the media folder (for local device storage) or  removable_sdcard (microSD card storage) which contains several sub-folders such as documents, music, photos, videos, etc, the BlackBerry 10 user can then move files between the computer and these folders.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Aircel

Thanks for your valuable quote, but you have not got my point. 

When i connect wifi my mobiles files and memory card files have been shown in all network systems.

how do i hide it to prevent my file share. 

thanks in advance

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

njeyabalasankar wrote:

Thanks for your valuable quote, but you have not got my point. 

When i connect wifi my mobiles files and memory card files have been shown in all network systems.

how do i hide it to prevent my file share. 

thanks in advance

As JSanders stated - Turn off WiFi sharing - Settings - Storage and Access - Access using Wi-Fi = OFF

When ON it will allow access using a Wi-Fi network to personal files stored on your device or media card.

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Thank you

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code