Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Disable e-mail on BB Z10

Hi! I am travellling to the US and I want to disable my email. My provider told me to switch the sync interval to manual. This worked for one email account but not gmail. I want to use data for apps so cannot turn the data off. Is there a way  to temporarily diable all email accounts without deleting them on the Z10?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Disable e-mail on BB Z10

swipe down from top

settings, accounts, select account and turn off sync email

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

when i select accounts it just lists all my accounts. I don;t see an option for turning off....am I missing something?

New Contributor

I did this for one account but it is not an option for gmail...any thoughts

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

i have the option in my gmail, i am using Exchange active sync for it though

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

The option is not there for sure. Just checked again. And even with the sync turned to manual my emails are still being received. 

Guru III
My Device:

are you using POP or IMAP?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

[ Edited ]

To stop the data such as email:

System Settings

Network Connections

Mobile Network

Data Services (Set to Off)

Gmail, even though it is set as an email account it will come in as a data service rather than like the regular email services. I believe Hotmail and Yahoo will react the same way on mobile phones.

With the data services turned off, the phone will not be able to access the Internet. If you want to stop Gmail and have the data services turned on, remove the Gmail account. Put it back when you want it to work again. This should be the same for the other public server based email services.

Jerry G.
New Contributor

I set it to manual and turned off "push" and i have not received e-mails in over 3 hours Smiley Happy