Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: 6047207195

Disable "Notification" notifications

Hi everyone, I would like to get the "Notifications" section out of the hub.    These are the ones with the bell icon that usually tell me useless information about wifi connectivity or whether or not some app I haven't used in a year has an update, etc.  I don't want these nag messages.  EVER.  Any way to turn it off or at least limit the **bleep** that is considered to be a "notification"?  Whenever I click on settings in notifications it just goes to hub management and hub management doesn't have an option to not get these notifications. I could understand it if it was OS updates, but the rest is all nagging garbage.

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Disable "Notification" notifications

Eppic wrote:

Hi everyone, I would like to get the "Notifications" section out of the hub.    These are the ones with the bell icon that usually tell me useless information about wifi connectivity or whether or not some app I haven't used in a year has an update, etc.  I don't want these nag messages.  EVER.  Any way to turn it off or at least limit the **bleep** that is considered to be a "notification"?  Whenever I click on settings in notifications it just goes to hub management and hub management doesn't have an option to not get these notifications. I could understand it if it was OS updates, but the rest is all nagging garbage.

Well in the Notification setup, at the bottom of the screen if you tap the OTHER APPLICATION, in the new page you can see BlackBerry World, from there you can disable the notification for program updates

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: SFR

[ Edited ]

I'm also looking for the same thing: disabling that useless, stupid, annoying bell in the hub.

Unfortunately rat-7 solution is partly off topic. It  will actually disable apps notifications, but not **system** notifications (hotspot available, power saving mode enabled, etc....)

Any idea?

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry classic

Any updates on this? I would really love to stop these as well. Seems like a really dumb idea to include them in the first place.