Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-3
Accepted Solution

Display wallpaper on locked screen

I noticed about a week ago that my Z10 was displaying the BB_Blue.jpgp wallpaper on the locked screen. I saw it for a few days and then it stopped.

I thought it was odd because I had not chosen a wallpaper setting on the device to that point, so I thought it might be related to the OS update to 10.1.0.273 (although this happened several weeks after the update).

But I liked the look!  It relieved the monotony of the dark background.

So then I set the wallpaper to BB_Blue.jpgp and it works on all screens except when the device is locked.

Does anyone know how to set the wallpaper to display on the locked screen?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Display wallpaper on locked screen

Hello my friend, that seems bit odd when I set any picture as wallpaper when my device is locked it still has the same image!
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

try to reboot after changing wallpaper
New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it made no difference.

I tried several degrees of rebooting:

- simple restart

- power off, leave for 5 minutes, power on

- power off, remove battery, leave without battery for 5 minutes, re-insert battery, power on

No luck.

Contributor
My Device: BBZ10
My Carrier: Bell

Try going to setting / Display and click the advanced at the bottom and see if Retail display mode is off. If its on turning it off may fix the issue . After its turned off you wont be able to turn on again but its only for retail use anyway. Also is the same issue with all the wallpapers that are preloaded on the phone? Try a personal picture it could be a location issue with some part of the OS.
Best of luck ::Robz
New Contributor

The solution came to me after I realized what was different about my setup.

I had enabled Parental Controls as a means of screening telemarketer calls. With PC enabled only calls from numbers in my contacts would cause the phone to ring, all other calls would go directly to Call Answer.

What I further realized is that some settings applied while Parental Controls are enabled, apply only to that mode. My clue was the fact that  I had arranged my icons one way, and when I briefly disabled Parental Controls they were back to the standard view.

I tested this by setting the wallpaper for the standard view to purple, then enabled Parental Controls and set the wallpaper to blue. While navigating in Parental Controls mode the wallpaper is blue, but when the screen locks the purple wallpaper is displayed.

So the bug (or undocumented feature) is that the wallpaper you choose with Parental Controls enabled is not the one used for the locked screen. The locked screen uses the wallpaper from the standard view. In my original problem, because I had not set a wallpaper for the standard view, the locked screen showed only the dark background.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Robz,

Your suggestion of checking the mode was a good clue to solving the problem.

Thanks,

Robert