Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: t mobile

Docs to Go

With Z10 and preinstalled Docs to Go should one not be able to not create but also edit Excell spreadsheets.  In otherwords should you be able to add information to a spreadsheet that is opened in Docs to Go.

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Q10/9900/9790
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Docs to Go

Hey kevingets

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

In order to edit the *.xls files using the spreadsheet application of Documents to Go you will need to open the spreadsheet on the BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone. Next tap the screen in any location and select Edit. You will notice a second window appear. Within the second window you will be able to edit the *.xls document.

Goose947

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

Goose,   thanks for your response but still not able to add and delete informatin from existing spreadsheets.  The spread sheet opens fine when I access it through Docs to Go.  I can move around it , see everthing. When I touch it , edit and share appear at bottom.  If i touch edit i then get close,  format,  bold, and other options but i cannot get the keyboard to come up so I can add or delete information on the spreadsheet.   ??????????

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

kevingets wrote:

Goose,   thanks for your response but still not able to add and delete informatin from existing spreadsheets.  The spread sheet opens fine when I access it through Docs to Go.  I can move around it , see everthing. When I touch it , edit and share appear at bottom.  If i touch edit i then get close,  format,  bold, and other options but i cannot get the keyboard to come up so I can add or delete information on the spreadsheet.   ??????????

If you look at the top of the spreadsheet there is a field with FX on the left, if you tap in the field the keybaord will come up, alternatively to bring the keyboard up you can also swipe from the bezel with 2 fingers and the keyboard will appear

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Contributor

Ok now I feel silly, thanks much for your help.
My Device: Z10 STL100-3
My Carrier: Fido

I have a z10 with Docs to Go. I understand there are 110 functions. Dataviz shows a pdf listing all of the functions for Docs to go.  I can't figure out how to use or find any of those functions. For instance just adding a column of numbers - where is "sum(...)" or any of the other simple functions. If I have to purchase a premium version - I would be happy to do so but I can't find a premium version for a BB10. Finally the documentation I find on the BB site for Docs to go is virtually useless - 14 pages long. Is it the case that this application is just so basic there is very little that you can do on it.