Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 and PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Does the Z10 allow you to rename a Bluetooth profile for BT devices?

[ Edited ]

Sorry if I am posting this is the wrong thread -I searched for this topic and this thread was the best match....

Question: Does the Z10 allow you to rename a Bluetooth profile for BT devices?  If so, how is it done?

I know how to re-name the phone in Bluetooth settings, but that's it.

Besides the typical BT connection profile for headphones, car, computer, Motorola S10 HD and PlayBook, I also have 3 BlackBerry Music Gateways.

My phone quickly and easily connected to the Music Gateways, but named their profiles:

BlackBerry Music Gateway

BlackBerry Music Gateway(1)

BlackBerry Music Gateway(2)

But I don't want this.  Mainly because the suffix (1) & (2) ONLY shows in the profile properties.  In the list of BT profiles, the names are truncated so the (1) & (2) aren't shown.  This makes it nearly impossible to determine what BT Gateway I am connecting to.

The renaming works great on my PlayBook, but not on the Z10.

Any ideas?

Subject Title edited to reflect new topic.

Highlighted
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Does the Z10 allow you to rename a Bluetooth profile for BT devices?

I know that on the Blackberry z10, i was able to do it before i updated to the latest version. All i did was go under bluetooth settings and then select paired, then the device that i wanted to change the name on, then under device name, i selected the name area, which brought up the keyboard, which allowed me to rename the paired device. But with the latest version update, I'm not able to do this anymore.