Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

E-Mail Issues: Retrieved E-Mails deleting off server but only on one of two accounts

I am the proud owner of a Z10 as of 4 days ago. So far, it's a great device, but I've got one problem. I want the e-mail messages retrieved on my phone to stay on the server, and this is working, but only for one account.

I setup my two e-mail accounts, Comcast and GMail, both as POP accounts. I did not setup GMail as IMAP. I tested the connections to see that the messages were properly retrieved on the phone, then I logged into each account to see that the messages were staying on the server. It appeared as though they were, but apparently I didn't wait long enough on the GMail account because the messages were being deleted from the server and I didn't notice this for 3 days. Again, my phone is NOT doing this for my Comcast account and I don't know why.

I have about 10 e-mails now on my phone in my GMail account that I can't seem to get back on the GMail server. I need to do this so I can download the messages to my home server where all my mail is stored.

I thought maybe I could create a second IMAP GMail account in the hub and copy the messages from one account to the other, but I can't.

If I continue to let the phone get those messages, they'll continue to be removed from the server.

If I forward them to myself, then they just show up as having come from me and that's not what I need either.

If I delete the account entirely, I lose my messages and that's definitely not what I want.

I thought I could tell the phone to stop logging into the GMail account by updating the password on the device, but it has to authenticate to the server to confirm that the password is correct, and if it isn't, it won't take the password and returns an error.

So far, the only thing I've been able to do to get the phone to stop retrieving the messages is to change my GMail password and not update it on the phone. That way, the phone can't sign in to GMail at all and get any new mail. However, I still have these 10 messages on my device that I need to export somehow.

Is there a way to export mail on this device? Is there a way to copy messages from account to account? What directory is the mail stored in and what file format is it stored in? Can I convert the messages to .csv and do it that way? And why did this happen only for my GMail POP account and not Comcast?