Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: FreeMobile

EAP-SIM Wifi network priority

Hello,

I have a Z10, and my cellular carrier which is also my internet carrier, configures automatically a community wifi network with an EAP-SIM logon.

The problem is when I come at home my Z10 selects the community wifi network and not my personal wifi network.

I tried several time to change the priority of the networks in the wifi settings, but the community wifi network, (which is created by the SIM Chip!!) always come back in first priority... Smiley Sad

Can you help me.

New Contributor

Re: EAP-SIM Wifi network priority

No Reply Smiley Frustrated

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Well, if this is configured by your carrier, and seems to be "built into" your SIM, perhaps you should contact your carrier?
New Contributor

I already tried to contact my carrier (Free Mobile in France ) and they send me to contact BlackBerry...
The EAP-SIM config work well on Android phones... so why not on my Z10?...
Forums Advisor II

[ Edited ]

Are you on a BES plan? (If so have you talked with your administrator?)
The SIM defaults to your community wifi network, but you can select another network? It's not locking you out? In other words, it is working, just not as you would like?

New Contributor

Hi,
No my phone is not connected to a BES.
Of course i can connect to my own wifi network but when i set my wifi network in first priority, it does not stay and the community network come back in front !
Forums Advisor II

[ Edited ]

Have you simply tried re-ordering your wifi list, pushing the "home" network to the top of the list?  If that's what you mean you've done (but the unwanted wifi keeps coming back to the first priority) that's strange.  I had a similar issue (resolved by reordering under settings), however, my phone will not try to connect to a service if it's not available.  Have you tried deleting and reinstalling that network?

New Contributor

Hello,

Yes,I have "Re-ordered my wifi list", It is what I call "Set the Wifi Priority"...

And Yes the EAP-SIM Wifi come back to the top after a while...

Disable the network is not an option for me: the spirit of a community network is not to turn it off!! If everybody turn it off, there is no more community

And the deleting option is not available in this wifi setup... surely becase it is an EAP-SIM configuration.

I have made some test this saturday, on a friend Galaxy S3 with the same carrier:

There is absolutly no problem on Android: the order of the wifi list does not move alone and this order is respected for the connexion.

I really hope Blackberry can correct the behavior in the OS.

Forums Advisor II

I didn't mean deleting permanently, just to see if creating it again might help. I must admit, I don't understand why your phone would go to a wifi network that wasn't in range. It isn't, right? I asked you that and not sure you answered. I have two networks and three routers on my property. When I leave my office my phone will drop the priority router and pick up one in the house. When I return to my office it will hold on to the house router -- because I also get that signal in my office (but not the other way around). So I tap the wifi icon to turn it off and then on and, of course, it picks up the priority router again.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

After several test yesterday: modification of the priority in the wifi list are not record if the wifi is on.
If the wifi is off, i can change the priority and when i turn on the wifi, my phone connect to the right network.

But if I restart the phone, the EAP-SIM Wifi comes back to the top of the priority list. This behavior must be corrected.

I don't often restart my phone , so I'm going with for now!