Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 3

EMail signature - why from phone & not server?

I have noticed that my email autosignature now appears to be set on the phone rather than the server. I always used to logon to something like www.mycarrier.blackberry.com  and set it there using my Blackberry ID as logon. But now it ignores the server setting and uses the signature on the phone. I prefer it on the server as it is nice and easy to copy and paste it in.

Is there a way to revert it back to the way it used to work?

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: EMail signature - why from phone & not server?

Sorry, no, that was with BIS, you're no longer on BIS. It is set on your handheld. 

It's new to you this way, but it has been this way on BES for years.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

OK - thanks - good to know. (Worth pointing out that I have no idea what those acronyms mean. I just use a Blackberry and I just want it to work.)

I can work around the problem by simply emailing the signatures to myself. I cut and paste them in. But they vanish. Is there a character limit?

[ Edited ]

Basically:

BIS - personal, BlackBerry Internet Service

BES - business, BlackBerry Enterprise Service.

You can easily use the Word Substitution in the Z10 to save your email sigs also... More about that in this list.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

It looks like a bug to me. In fact you cannot add a signature at all. Any clues? I can type anything I like into the signature field where it says "Enter Text" but it will not be saved there. What am I doing wrong? How do you make it save? Is there a "Save" option anywhere on this screen?

Contributor

Thanks again. I had a stab at the Word Substitution. A nice idea but the signature you enter appears to be a one line concatenated string. I tried it anyway. It still didn't work and nothing substituted into my email when I entered my key shortcode. Darn it. I will keep trying. Isn't this fun.

Contributor

OK - hopefully my last post. It seems that the Z10 has a mind of its own on saving stuff you copy and paste into the EMail auto signature field. I had yet another crack of pasting in my signature and this time it worked. Spooky.

Actually, judging by several similar experiences on this forum I am not alone. The Z10 works when it wants to.

Lesson: if it doesn't work first time just keep trying!

Thanks again for your help.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Should be straight forward.. In Hub click on overflow icon bottom right, settings, Email accounts.  select your email account. Make sure auto signature is on. Type in what you want and back button saves it

IMG_00000006.png

Highlighted

I haven't had those problems of stuff not saving. Honestly, haven't seen others with it either (no, I haven't read EVERY single post in this forum, lol, so there could be).

But at least it's working for you now.

Do you change email sigs often?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Carrier: O2

[ Edited ]

I agree the BIS for me was a far better way of editing and enabling the Auto Signature function, I am having a hell of a time trying to copy and paste mine, even when I am successful my Z10 decides it doesn’t like certain characters like 's' or 't' so replaces them with the = sign, helpful!  I'm sure I won't be the only one struggling with this feature.