Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackbery Z10
My Carrier: driver

Re: Ebay apps for Z10 ?????

Yep, everything look nice. But there us one major problem. There is the issue with this "Sideloading". I doesn't working. There is some problem 500 error.... so for this moment, there is no. chance to install any kind of android apps. Gutted
Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Ebay is currently in the process of working on a Blackberry 10 App.

Patience it will be out soon.

New Contributor

Yep, it's fine. But all system with Android apps for BlackBerry 10 went down and it's useless. Now you can just go on a Web site goodEreader, and just have a look. I mean for all apps. Not just ebay. Shame
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

basueraka wrote:
Yep, it's fine. But all system with Android apps for BlackBerry 10 went down and it's useless. Now you can just go on a Web site goodEreader, and just have a look. I mean for all apps. Not just ebay. Shame

What are you talking about?  I just went there and all the apps are still there.  You download the .bar file and then use the DDPB app to install to the Z10 device. 

Here are the simple instructions for sideloading apps from the Goodreader store (or any other .bar files for Playbook or Z10):

Step 1: Go to the following site and download the .bar file you want to install:

http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook/playbook-android-apps/

Save it to a folder that you can easily find later.

Step 2: Download and install DDPB to your PC. This is the app you will use to install the .bar file you downloaded in Step 1.

Get it here:  http://ddpb.dauden.vn/

Step 3: Put your Z10 in Development Mode.

On the home screen swipe down from the top and go into Settings.

Touch on Security and Privacy.

Touch on Development Mode

Set Use Development Mode to On and note the IP address listed (no need to change it.)

Set a password when asked. (Set any password. You can disable this later after you load your app from the Password menu in Settings.)

Step 4: Connect your device to the PC and open DDPB. Close the BlackBerry Link application if it automatically opens.

Step 5. Click on "Scan" in DDPB to scan for IP addresses. Choose the one that matches the IP address you noted in Step 3.

Enter the password you chose in Step 3 into DDPB and in any other password prompts that come up when connecting the device.

Step 6: In the upper right corner of DDPB, click on "Add" and browse to the .bar file you downloaded in Step 1.

Step 7. Check the box for the app you want to install to the device and click on "Install" at the bottom. The app will now load to the device.

When you're all done loading the app(s) you can go back and turn off development mode and then remove the password you set. The Password menu is in the Security and Privacy menu.

Voila!  You just sideloaded an app. This is not a hack but is how the app developers load apps to devices when they're testing them. You will not void your warranty. Be aware that not every Android app works well, or at all, in BB10. Most of the ones that Goodreader has converted do work well but there are a few that don't. You can simply delete them if they don't work.

That's it!!

Enjoy a world of more apps on your Z10 or Playbook.  The instructions above work on the Playbook and the Z10 and the apps can be installed on either.  The Playbook must be put into development mode too, and the menu locations are slightly different for doing that.  Otherwise it's exactly the same.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Ok. Take it ease bud Smiley Happy. What I have meant is, there is every time when I am trying to install these app thru ddpd, it shows an error 500....... that why there is a problem. and I am not the one who have exactly same issue. But thanks anyway
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

OK, no problem. If you don't want any more help I can head to bed. Nothing has changed with the .bar files and sideloading. I don't know why you're getting an error. Maybe you didn't select the correct IP address....but good luck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I've been trying to put the IP address by scan and manually, and no different at all. I don't know what is wrong, and that is most annoying....but I will still trying to resolve it. but if any one maybe had the same problem in here, I'll be more then happy to get any help or clue. Cheers
My Device: Blackberry BOLD
My Carrier: Vodacom SA

I have always used bookmarks saved on my homescreen to easily connect to various Ebay sites. About a week ago my nice/easy to use Ebay Mobile changed to a dull/no use version. When I click on "help" it reads "ebay mobile currently does not support password updates, leaving feedback, buying, bidding, ext.. It also says I MUST connect with a computer to access all these functions. All my Ebay bookmarks on my phone's homepage are of no use now. The classic version of Ebay on my mobile works but is very slow and reads at the bottom of the page " this page has last been updated on the 22 August 2014 (today is 28/08/2014) and bids/prices will be diffirent. Any help will be much appreciated ~
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

I just installed the eBay app via 'Snap', registered, whole operation took less than 5 minutes. No problems running the app but unfortunately not much use to me as nothing ships to South Africa.

Guru II

Ditto on the eBay Android app. I use it quite often.