Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Starhub

Edit number Before Call

Hi Guys,

I have a mobile plan that supports cheaper calling to overseas when I add 018 in front of mobile number .

For example : If mobile # is 93830553, I need enter 01893830553.

I can't edit my contact, coz, when I message (SMS) I need to use only 93830553. In android, there is a function called "Edit number before call". How to do this on Blackberry Z10? Anyone can help?

Thanks

Friendly,

Cp

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Edit number Before Call

I think there is a simple solution for your needs. Why not go into your contacts and edit the person and add another phone number 01893830553. to your contact. So when you need to make a cheaper call overseas, then it will dial that number. At the same time you can still use the original numbers for SMS.. 

Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. But I feel that this kinda weird or awkward to add 140 contacts of my address book with additional number.

And sometimes, I get an overseas call which is not at my contact book, so I just want to add the proper IDD code (018, 019, 021) and give them a call back. Do you suggest to create 4 numbers which are literally same for 140 contacts.

Alternatively, I tried to copy the contact number and paste it on the dial pad. But it wasn't also possible. It's bit frustrating. I believe that Blackberry Software Engineers will do something for this quickly.

Thanks again. Good luck

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

You Might want to play with the area code rules in smart dialing, just before you dial out for the long distance calls.

IMG_00000057.png

Contributor

From Blackberry website

You can use smart dialing to set a default area code and country code that is applied automatically to the phone numbers that you call, so that you don't have to dial the country code or area code when you make a call "within your own country."

But, my requirement is to call overseas and before I dial, I just want to add the right IDD code 018 or 019 or 001 in front of the number, this will not solve my purpose. Anyway thanks for your suggestion.