Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Koodo

Editing contacts that are linked to Facebook profiles

[ Edited ]

I find it very convenient to have contacts linked with Facebook as it fills in the fields that I couldn't otherwise be bothered to fill in. Like birthdays and profile pictures. The issue I'm having is that I can't remove incorrect or irrelevant information from the contacts info. Example being that a contact of mine has an old email listed on there Facebook. I can add the correct one but if I delete the old one it seems to reappear as soon as I hit save. The option is there to remove information but it seems to do nothing.

The other issue I'm facing is that unlinking the contact from Facebook removes all of the filled in info from Facebook. There seems to be no way of retaining it after the contact is unlinked.

Am I missing something?

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Editing contacts that are linked to Facebook profiles

I noticed the same thing today.  I think the only way to solve the issue without unlinking the contacts is to ask your facebook friend to update their info on FB... I believe we cannot edit that info since it's provided by facebook, it's not local.