Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Telus

Email Accounts no longer connect after software update

Hi,

I updated to the latest software and after doing so my email accounts that do not use the BES are failing to connect.  For example, yahoo email, google email, or my service provider host email do not connect. 

I have deleted those accounts, restarted the phone and attempted to reconnect to them but they all say the same thing that they server is unavailable and the account cannot be added.  Now, I could understand one of those, but all of them with the same issue??  There is something else at work here.

Since my service provider is not the issue in this case, the phone is, how can I get this corrected?

thanks.

New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 | BlackBerry Dev Alpha B | BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB | BlackBerry Z10 Limited Edition
My Carrier: Not Provided

Re: Email Accounts no longer connect after software update

do you consider a security wipe?
--
Hit Like if you appreciate this Smiley Happy
New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 | BlackBerry Dev Alpha B | BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB | BlackBerry Z10 Limited Edition

Hey but really, that is a very cruel issue someone could have Smiley Sad
--
Contributor

A security wipe??  Not sure what you mean. 

I still have access to all my acounts through the native platforms, I just can't connect to them through the z10 after installing the new software update.

New Developer

security wipe means erasing all the data of the device and restoring it to the default condition.. you will find it on z10 under the privacy/security option in the settings.

Thanks.
--
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Ignore that advice (for now) regarding a security wipe. This user is making many off the cuff posts with, quite frankly poor advice and poorly explained suggestions.

You might first connect with your BES Admin and confirm that some IT Policy disallowed personal email accounts (you mentioned your work email on BES is working correctly, so you are obviously getting good data connections).

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Contributor

I will confirm that with the IT rep.

Thanks for the info.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thankfully I took your advice. I found out that I have my phone set so that when my wifi networks are available it uses that for the service.

If you use wifi, it doesn't allow those email accounts to be configured. You can use them fine once they are setup, but you must configure them connected to your service provider.  So after the update my accounts were no longer functioning properly for some reason, I had to recreate them and after that it now all works.

Thanks!

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Alright, good luck, glad you got it going.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code