Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Aliant

Email Auto Suggest

I was really hoping that with the newest and latest software update, that this issue would have been finally resolved, but alas, its still an issue, and still one that needs to be addressed by BB.

Every junk email I receive, which can be quite a lot over time, gets added to my Auto Suggest box, when I start to type in a name, when composing an email.

When composing an email, the only suggestions that should pop up, are email addressed that are associated with your contacts, or emails, where you have actually responded to an email from someone.

Please Blackberry, if you are listening, fix this issue, as this has to be corrected.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Email Auto Suggest

You're not alone in that sentiment.

It needs to be an option that can be turned off.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Aliant

In reality, it really shouldn't even be an option , but just plain common sense.. I can understand this not being much of a problem with anyone that has a BES account, where incoming mail, is more filtered, but for the majority of users, who use POP accounts, or whatever, junk mail is a a real problem, and these junk email addresses should NOT be getting added to our auto suggestion when composing an email.. It just takes the integrity away from the whole concept for auto suggest in the BB platform.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I have to add, I don't see too many of those because I do filter most all of my junk and spam mail from my BlackBerry through my email server settings. You might try filtering more out that way.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code