Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: O2

Email Issue + Phone not silent + facebook

1)
My first issue with with the emails. I have my email setup and its on googlemail. Now I have several folders to ensure mail is easy sorted etc etc, I have a folder on Gmail called "AllHostOne" where all my company emails go, it seems that on my phone under my email it has the AllHostOne folder but it wont sync the emails. As in I wont get notification of any emails coming through to that folder, I'll get notifications of emails coming in from other folders but not the "AllHostOne" folder. I've tried looking through the options but the options are very vague and hardly any option to change

2) Secondly, the "Silent" phone setting is not silent at all, even with this enabled it is not silent, the phone still beeps etc just a little quiter, now i've selected the "Silent" phone setting and told it sound off, but then gone to select "normal" and thats got sound off so it seems that the sound options are global and all "silent" does is makes the sounds quiter and is not actually silent. Is there a way to truely have silent?

3) Another issue, I seem to have a misterious facebook notification unread on my Z10, it has the "1" in on the facebook hub but there is no unread message or anything, I've even gone to the facebook hub settings and selected unread and there is nothing, I cant make anything as read because every thing has been read, and syncing does nothing.... any idea?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Email Issue + Phone not silent + facebook

Hi moonpeach,

To have your Gmail folders synchronized with your BlackBerry Z10, go into Settings>Accounts, click on your Gmail account then click edit. Choose the Advanced option at the bottom then choose Edit Folder Settings. Place a check mark in any folders you want to synchronize with your device.

When your BlackBerry Z10 is in silent, are the "beeps" coming from email, Facebook or Twitter notifications?

In regards to the Facebook notification, have you checked the application itself to see if anything appears?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

Hiya

Thanks for your reply, I've managed to solve 2/3 problems with a reset to factory settings. The only problem im left with now is the gmail issue. It's all set up to sync etc and still nothing

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Rotary Phone

There is no more push email, contacts, or calendar with BB10 except for Microsoft Exchange accounts. No push Gmail, no push Yahoo and email is checked every 15 minutes by default.

Contributor

Im aware of that. I get 'cron' emails from my company at midnight, the time i get up in the morning about 7am, there not on my phone, but all my other emails i got through the night without the "allhostone" tag on it are on my phone. The only difference is my company emails on gmail go into the "allhostone" folder which is synced on my phone although I dont recieve them on my phone for some bizzare reason

Trusted Contributor

Check with you're service provider and post back please.

Contributor

It's not that at all, If all my other gmail is coming into my phone but now the gmail which goes into the "allhostone" folder how could it my provider....

Trusted Contributor

Maybe you should check the e-mail settings on you'er phone again?.....I'm just saying.

Contributor

I've checked few moments ago, they were all synced, and set to sync every 15mins and use push if supported

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

15 mins is the min for push mail with the new BB10....don't expect miracles!  Its not like having BIS,

Either go back to using OS 7.1 or... wait.