Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: O2

Email Setup Tips ... getting what not to do narrowed down too

[ Edited ]

I did a wipe and started over. I don't think that was nesesary for fixing the problem, but wanted to mention it.

I also reformated the media card right after the wipe and turned of at&t and turned on a good solid wifi.

Then I proceeded to set-up email again.

Close the keyboard and do it from Advanced Settings.

I diligently retyped ALL the fields and used the NEXT button on the pop up keyboard until DONE. All 3 setup on the first shot.

Prior I had been leaving prefilled data and what looked good alone and changing fields with my finger. Obviously what you see is not always what is in the field and used to check the server.

It all worked fine until I created a folder for things I want to last more than 30 days in the folder tree. Then on the first sync I got the Unexpected Error again. DO NOT create folders from the Z10.

I deleted them and then reset them up and seemed to be back in the email business again. I got a couple weeks to figure out how not to have my email thrown out on day 31.

OT - Interestingly a wipe still leaves a few bits and pieces. I had the only contact I had manually entered and a text msg to the same person still there. I noticed a couple other trivial things but don't recall.

Good Luck

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Email Setup Tips ... getting what not to do narrowed down too

As the Z10 stands now your email won't be 'thrown out' after the 30 day mark, the Z10 simply won't display it. It still resides on your server for other clients to use.

Doesn't matter what folders it is in, after 30 days. No sync.

I am using folders on mine alright, what type of server setup do you have?
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: O2

I got the folder idea from another thread. It said that you could keep them from 'being made not seen' on the Z10 by filing them.

The error happened twice right after I created this save folder. I am assuming it truly meant what it said. It received an error code it didn't know what to do with when the folders didn't match or on trying to create the folder.

I use GoDaddy. They are just Imap email addresses tied to my domain. I've never had any trouble in the past and have used them for many years.
Forums Advisor III

[ Edited ]

The best bet for these errors that you are receiving, especially if it is repeatable, is to call your Carrier's Blackberry support team, if they are unable to resolve the issue make sure they forward you onto Blackberry support (It is your right as a customer.) It is always a good ideas to make sure you write down any incident or ticket numbers and the names of everyone you talk to. If you have issues getting escalated to Blackberry, try calling back and talk to someone else at the carrier, some seem to have paid attention to their training more than others. Smiley Wink

I am using 4 IMAP accounts and am having no issues with folders and have not ever seen an error message for those accounts (knocking on wood now!). So it may be a slight configuration or communication issue between your device and the GoDaddy servers? Best to get the professionals to look into it. Smiley Happy

Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Forums Advisor III

@monkeno,

I just noticed this KB article relating to GoDaddy setups.. maybe it is of some help?