Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Mobily - KSA

Email Setup (Z10) - How to change "Reply to:" and "From:" address

Hello.

I have setup my gmail account on the Z10 and would like to change the "Reply to:" address to my work address. Also I would like to change the "From:" address to my work address. This was done easily using my BB9790. Please help. Thank you

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Email Setup (Z10) - How to change "Reply to:" and "From:" address

Hello rhakim99,

Thank you for your question.

Setting a different reply to/from address is currently unsupported for email integrations on the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

this is not good, you are putting off users by taking features away...
till yet all good features of my z10 is making feel bad, basic things are not there.
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 + Playbook > Z10

I AGREE!

I use my BlackBerry for my small business and I need to change the "reply to" email address. WTH?

Also, I need Outlook sync capabilities. Syncing through outlook.com or gmail is not satisfactory. These online contact databases do not include all the fields I sync (e.g., I actually use the Department, Profession, Spouse, etc. fields) and those don't sync to outlook.com. I know--I tried.

Do you know if an update in the works???
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 + Playbook > Z10

Will this feature be added??

I use my BlackBerry for my small business and I need to change the "reply to" email address.

Also, I need Outlook sync capabilities. Syncing through outlook.com or gmail is not satisfactory. These online contact databases do not include all the fields I sync (e.g., I actually use the Department, Profession, Spouse, etc. fields) and those don't sync to outlook.com. I know--I tried.

What's the status on these? Please keep us informed.
Contributor
My Device: Z10 and PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone

I echo that sentiment about keeping the faithful informed.

The Z10 is a great phone but it isn't good enough to maintain its lead against Samsung and Apple unless it plays on its appeal to both corporates and small businesses.  I presume that BlackBerry has done a good job with the former courtesy of BES, but I am appalled at the naivety (or arrogance?) of the design team in omitting basic small business functionality like Outlook USB sync and the ability to set up POP amd IMAP email accounts with the required reply-to addresses.

But worse than this initial failure to deliver is the total silence on what will be rectified and when.

Like many other small business owners I stayed failthful to BlackBerry on the rash assumption that BB10 would be the functionality we knew and loved, but enhanced into the new world and displayed on the big screen in high definition.

Well, we got the super user interface and the connectivity and the high definition... but far too much of the BlackBerry foundation is missing.

We are still the faithful, but we need to have some sign that our salvation is coming!

Come on BlackBerry, don't compound this mess by resorting to the silence that surrounded the outages.  We are customers, and without us there is no BlackBerry.

Highy Disgruntled of the UK!

Developer
My Device: PRIV, Passport, Z30, Q10, Z10

Has anyone requested this in the Issue Tracker (jira) a a feature request yet? 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: MobileOne

I echo the sentiment of other faithful Blackberry users here.  I got my Z10 last week and was looking forward to accessing my emails from a webmail service but to my utter disappointment, I could not change the "reply to" address to my office email address. 

I am not sure if BB support takes feedback here seriously enough but this is a key feature of receiving mails on the go - especially without BIS.  I am surprised that Blackberry, known as the best mobile device for mails, doesn't have this functionality.

As of now, I can only use the Z10 to read my emails - thanks to the lack of the reply-to function - and have no choice but to continue to rely on my iPhone for this. 

I hope this functionality will be included as par of the next OS update.  Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: vodafone

Hi,

I had the same problem.  My hosting services do not allow using SMTP config so I have to use my ISP's which is a different email address.  Applied my computer knowledge and what I did when I configured my email on the BB Z10 is this:

in the email address I put in the email address I want to display as from rather than the ISPs

then configured POP with my hosting email credentials and SMTP with the ISP credentials so when people reply to my emails it displays the work address and I can receive email to my work address rather than the ISP one.

In settings edit your email account and do the following:

User name = user name that you use to login to your email

email address = the one you want people (recipient) to see and they will then reply to

Password = your mail password that you use to login to your email.

I hope this will work for you (I don't use gmail or hotmail or any of the free ones though)

Evette

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: vodafone

Hi,

I use MS outlook 2010 as well configured with POP and SMTP.  (there is no difference between outlook versions 2003/ 2007 or 2010 - the databases are mapped the same wihin the pst files).

have you tried the BB link software that works well.  There is a little catch though.

http://au.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html

DO NOT PLUG THE Z10 into your computer!  If you had change the password on the BB Z10 otherwise it will not work.

Download the software from blackberry website first and install it (link above).  Then go into the software and configure it.  Make sure you log in with your BBM user/ password first!  If you have not created the account create it first and then continue.  Once you have done your config plug in your BB Z10 enter in the password and it will pop up.  Then at the bottom you will see your BB Z10 click on it and it will come up with the options of sync to outlook email.  This works I've tested it.  Also it will allow you to sync your contacts and other stuff from your old blackberry.

I hope this works for you it worked for me.

Evette