Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT & T
Accepted Solution

Email difficulties with my z10

I keep getting error messages when trying to send an email from my phone.  Even if I am replying to a message I received with no problems from someone, I can't respond.  I have tried to resend.  I have other email accounts on this system which allow me to send but my primary email account will not.  Before the latest OS update, the error said protocol layer error, now it says "this message cannot be sent.  try again later". 

Is anyone having this problem, what can I do?

Thanks,

Pam

Contributor
My Device: @Curve 9300 @Bold 9790 @Z30
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Email difficulties with my z10

Did you tried to remove it and re-configure it ?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

I have the exact same issue and exact same protocol layer message.  Last week it started and it only to one specific email address (happens tro be my work email address) regardless of composing a new email or forwarding and email and regardless of the three different email accounts I have on my Z10.  I just updated the lastest OS release and the error message changed from "Protocol layer..."  to "This message can't be sent.  Try again later" 

New Contributor

I did delete and install the email account but get the same results.  Also I get the same issue sending from Cox, Yahoo, or Gmail and all only to one email address which is my work email.  Other email addresses at my work are able to receive no problem.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900/9780/9810
My Carrier: Singtel

So despite using Gmail, YahooMail it does not allow you to send either?

Highlighted
New Contributor

All the same.  No matter if I send through cox, gmail, or yahoo sending only to my work email address I get the same error message.  I can sent to my colleagues no problem.  Over the weekend we did a major outlook upgrade to microsoft cloud.  I hoped this would solve whatever bug was lingering but no avail.  Now even sending from my natural work email address through BB to my work email address (so that's four different email accounts) all the same.