Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Digicel

Email not syncing

When new emails arrive in my AIM inbox they do not come through on my Z10 for hours, if at all.  The sent items are not syncing at all - the sent items folder on my z10 is empty except for emails sent from the z10.  When I delete emails on the z10 they are not deleted from the server so when I log into my AIM account on my computer I have to redelete the emails.

I have tried deleting and resetting up the email account on my z10 but this has not helped.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Email not syncing

Hi and welcome to the forum.

What OS10 version you have on your phone? 

New Contributor

I have 10.2.0.424 which my z10 tells me is the latest version.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv

when you said: "...deleted from my phone..." did you reboot the phone before trying to re-install the email account?

New Contributor

Do you mean a factory reset or turning it fully off an then on again? I did neither.

Forums Advisor III

No...not a factory reset. Delete the email accoount then turn off the phone without removing the battery. Then turn the phone back on, wait untill everything is up and running then try to add new email account 

New Contributor

I've just done as you suggested but my sent items folder is still not synced and I tried deleting a message from the inbox but it was still showing when I logged into my email on my laptop.  Any other ideas please?

Forums Advisor III

Whe you set up the email account, what time interval you selected for Sync Interval?

New Contributor

5 mins.  Should I delete and reset it with a longer interval?

New Contributor

I've tried again with a 15 min interval and still no sent emails.