Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
Accepted Solution

Error: Your login information for IMAP server [*mailserver*] has changed or is incorrect. Please check your account settings

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am receiving the above error where *mailserver* in my case is [mail.teknikaltim.co.uk] it is provided by streamline.net as part of my hosting account with them.

I am putting in the correct details, and streamline have advised that the settings I have used  are correct.

My Gmail Account works and as a work around I have used Gmail's pop settings to retrieve emails from this account and set it to leave a copy of the messages received on the server.

I didn't realise I could edit this. (my own reply can be removed).

I have managed to set up the email account on the less popular POP settings.  However I don't like this as my battery is going to deplete quickly as the pop settings mean you have to set the phone to sync every n minutes or hours or manually check for new messages.  I like my blackberry because of it's famous "get your emails for you instantly" function.  Please resolve this as POP is known to be messy and can lead to emails going missing if removed from server and lost on the way to the device requesting the messages.

I need this resolved as soon as possible because I don't like using POP settings as they are known to result in lost emails.

Kind regards,

Tim

Contributor

Re: Error: Your login information for IMAP server [*mailserver*] has changed or is incorrect. Please check your account settings

I have managed now to set up the same account using the POP settings instead of IMAP settings.  There must be an issue with the IMAP under advanced settings.  The Device must be encrypting the details that are sent to the server under the IMAP settings even though I select off from the choice of SSL off or TLS.

As I have mentioned before.  I don't like using POP settings and would rather not have the phone have to check every n minutes.  I prefer receiving my emails as soon as they arrive and my Gmail account as it is set up as IMAP and possibly configured to push on the server side.  I don't know if Streamline will allow this to be done.

BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Error: Your login information for IMAP server [*mailserver*] has changed or is incorrect. Please check your account settings

take a look at KB29891

Contributor

Thanks for this but I just removed the account in question had it set up as pop and I tried setting it up as IMAP only changed the Account type and for SMTP I put in my gmail smtp credentials to no avail.  I think it is literal when it says your login information for IMAP server[mail.teknikaltim.co.uk] has changed.

again. Thanks for your speady response

Contributor

Is it possible that the IMAP settings are sending a BOM (byte order mark) which could be causing a bad username or password?

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hi,

I believe I have solved this for you as I had the same problem.

You probably have 2-step authentication turned on for your gmail. If so, just google how to add an application-specific password for your Z10 through gmail. It's a piece of cake to set up.

George

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry but the problem is not with Gmail it's with 2 email accounts on proper domains I've set up with streamline.net the domains teknikaltim.co.uk and hordeassassins.co.uk* 

* a website I'm building for a world of warcraft guild

I can't set it up on Imap so I can't get push email.

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 - STL100-2

I too have this issue. I've been seraching for a solution on Crackberry, BlackBerry, o2 and my email provider (attached to my domain)... This is getting rediculous.

If, and when I have a solution, I will share it.

If anyone else does find a soultion, please share it too.

Contributor

A work around is to set up the account on POP if your mail box has POP/3 but you won't have the push email which is the whole reason for having a blackberry in the first place.
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 - STL100-2

Many thanks for the POP/3 workaround, but unfortunately, I have just spent money to upgrade my email accounts to IMAP so folders / push and calendars will work with my domain email.

Not a happy chappy!