Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Excessive Drainage of Internet Data

Sir,

Box or Dropbox apps are all logged out,Location Services are turned Off, Developer mode is also off, and  diagnostics are also switched off.

Do you  really think uninstalling games and other apps is the right solution??  Then what will be left for me to do. I have purchased such a premium handset just to carry a dumb case??? 

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

I'm not suggesting you should stop using your apps alltogether. I'm only suggesting ways of troubleshooting your problem. If an app is causing the data usage, then this is one way to find out which app it is.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
New Contributor

I have closed all my apps and disabled all permission granted to access any sort of connection then too only in 4 hours it has consumed more than 80MB of internet data today & my phone is also heating up while kept idly... Help me please as its giving alot of tension.. this is a serious issue which is to be taken of on an priority basis.

Anurag
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

@anu_rags,

Call you carrier for support, this is a user to user forum, as such only rarely do BlackBerry representatives step into this forum and provide solutions.

You carrier is your first line of contact with BlackBerry if you feel that you have a issue that cannot be resolved by others, if they cannot help you make sure to ask to be escalated to BlackBerry support if they do not volunteer to themselves (as they should.) It is always good practice to ask for and write down the names of each person you talk to and be sure to ask for your incident/ticket number, it helps them to pay attention to you a bit better. Smiley Wink

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Rogers

WOW! I am having the exact same issue! I did not touch my phone all day yesterday and I received a text message from my service provider saying that I went over $100 in additional data usage!!!! When I called Rogers, they said that it indicates that my phone used up almost 2 GB of data when my phone was in my pocket the whole time. Also, I realized when I checked my phone last night, it was heated.... does your heat up too? And the battery just drains super quick. 

Let me know, thanks. 

New Contributor

Yes buddy.. my phone's battery drains super quick.. n heats alot.. i hv to charge my phone 4 times a day not also when not in use... and my problem of excessive data drainage is also not yet resolved even after i have uninstalled every third party application. this is a software error which Blackberry should rectify and provide corrective measures on this issue. ...
Visitor
My Carrier: Indosat

I noticed you are using Yahoo mail. I don't know if this related but worth looking into. 

On the local forum, I read someone is having excessive data usage on his Z10, and it turned out to be Yahoo mail that was the culprit. Upon checking his yahoomail from computer, he noticed there's a "stuck" e-mail with 10Mb attachment on the outbox that the phone might be trying to send it, and failed.. then send it again, and failed.. again and again. That both heats up his phone and took a toll on his data usage. 

He deleted the yahoo e-mail account, and his data went back to normal. He reported no such problems when using Gmail. 

I am personally using Gmail e-mail address, and never had any issues regarding usage data. 

On another note, I recalled my friend once had a trouble with Yahoo mail on his Galaxy Tab. There was a "stuck" e-mail on the outbox that he cannot delete. He claimed the e-mail is not there when he logged in from computer, but on his mobile device the e-mail appeared in "outbox" folder and won't go into "sent" folder.

I suggested that he delete the account, and re-add it. He did just that and that cleared up the "stuck" e-mail. Although in this case he used wifi the whole time, so not sure if data usage is affected. 

New Contributor

Thank you so much buddy... i deleted my yahoo mail from my phone and the problem of battery drainage and heating is now resolved.. thank you so much
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Hi anu_rag, WHich of the Airtel opco do you use? I mean which country.