Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: T-Mobile Germany
Accepted Solution

Exchange ActiveSync fails after upgrade to 10.1

After i upgraded my Z10 software to 10.1.0.273 i have now lost connectivity to my work email. After troubleshooting I figured out that I could just delete and re-add my account again.

The account deleted successfully, now I get the following message when trying to add:
"Your device is not connected to a network but the internet service is not available. Check your network settings"

We use Port 8001 without SSL. 

With an IPhone there are no problems to connect.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Exchange ActiveSync fails after upgrade to 10.1

After updating to 10.1 I lost my Internet connection through the network, would get the same "Your device is not connected to a network..." message. However wifi would still work. My carrier Telus has said that this problem has been happening to some z10 users since the upgrade. The workaround is you have to restore your device to factory settings, and then do not ever turnoff or restart your phone cause the problem will return. Apparently we will have to live with this until blackberry issues an update to fix the problem.
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel India

I had a situation of exactly the opposite.  My new Blackberry Z10 after setup on Exchange ActiveSync worked for 1 day and stopped working.  Called service provider to switch between GPRS and BlackBerry 3G data schemes but no luck.  Service Provider said people cannot use Blackberry Z10 device in Blackberry 3G data scheme.  The Exchange ActiveSync was actually working fine in 3G but not working in Wi-Fi connection.  After the recent OS upgrade, it works beautifully now. I am very happy. 

Subra

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: Etisalat

I am having the same problem since upgrading. Gmail and other accounts work fine but the ActiveSync work account does not connect. Serious pain in the butt!
New Contributor

I've tried the Leaked OS 10.1.0.1880 to solve the problem.

The same result:  no connectivity to my work email.

With the IPhone still no problem to connect.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have had this problem of only receiving my e-mails after rebooting my phone. This causes a drain on the battery and now I only receive my e-mails occasionally and the battery does not even last 6 hours. The option to Refresh in the Hub does not work for Exchange ActiveSync at all.

Please provide an alternative way to sync e-mails rather than having to restart the phone. My employer does not have BES 10, so the Exchange ActiveSync is the only way to receive work e-mails on my device.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

Hey everyone - we're experiencing the same problem with 10.1.0.273 on Telus. 

Elsewhere, someone suggested downgrading the software to a previous version - http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Exchange-ActiveSync-fails-after-upgrade-to-10-... - I haven't tried it but thought I would throw it out there. 

I just want to note that we've had this phone since February and have nothing but troubles with battery life, bluetooth, and email. Since the software upgrade, email has dropped off entirely with the internet connectivity message. 

Furthermore, the carriers are not fully aware of the problem and in my experience chalk it up to user error. I'm going to try again this morning to escalate it to Blackberry's support team. If you look on their help page, you get directed to a twitter account. And they take a day and a half to respond. Need I say more. 

New Contributor

I've also tried the Leaked OS 10.1.0.11916 to solve the problem.

The same result:  no connectivity to my work email.

With the IPhone, Lumia and Samsung still no problem to connect.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Etisalat

I followed the downgrade instructions of the the following link http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Exchange-ActiveSync-fails-after-upgrade-to-10-... and it worked.  not ideal, but a decent solution if you're in urgent need of a working email until Blackberry get their act together. 

I have esceleated the issue with my network provider who in turn raised it with Blackberry but the later has yet to contact me with a solution.

New Contributor

After i installed the OS 10.1.0.2354 the problem is gone.

Solved!