Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Exchange Activesync issue: Duplicate Calendar entries.

Hello all.

My boss recently upgraded from a Torch 9800 to the Z10.

I used the Link software to transfer data from the 9800 to the Z10, then configured Exchange Activesync. He reported that he was seeing duplicate calendar entries. I looked around and found that he has a local calender (presumably from the original transfer), plus the Activesync calendar.

I ended up wiping the Z10 (after backing it up in Link) and configuring Activesync, which seemed to work fine. However, right after I restore from the backup, the local calendar issues start appearing again.

Is there any way to remove the local calendar? I had him try hiding it, but he's still getting notifications. Also, now he reports that when he edits an appointment in Outlook at his desk, it updates on the Z10, but is then overwritten within minutes.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Exchange Activesync issue: Duplicate Calendar entries.

Just guessing here...

The calendar is synced to an external service, or most likely more than one of them, that also has a calendar. Yahoo, Gmail, and Hotmail offer such services.

Check out how the phone is being synced to external email services...

Jerry G.
Super Contributor
My Device: Priv, Passport, iPhone 6s
My Carrier: Telus

If you are positive the dupes are from the local calendar and are on OS 10.1, do the following. From the home screen, go to Settings, Accounts. Tap the overflow menu (3 vertical dots at bottom right). Tap "clear local calendar".

That should do it. Hope this helps.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks, I will give this a try.