07-16-2013 05:56 PM - edited 07-16-2013 05:58 PM
They will not sync to your active sync, BB10 does not work this way to my knowledge all your contacts are separated i.e. Sim,AtiveSync,BB Messanger etc.. You can as well turn off the facebook,twitter contacts from showing up in your phone book by swiping down,options,deselect.
07-16-2013 06:03 PM
It happens, reset your activesync connection on outlook.com if you can and then sync everything again one by one. It's most likely an active sync issue, had the issue on my Sumsung so i don't think its BB related. Mind you I have a dedicated exchange server.. so it's diiferent then outlook.com.
08-01-2013 08:42 AM
Although it did not accept my email as a username and I had to revert to my usual username, somehow it appears to have worked, by deleting and adding account again. Contacts seem to be all in sync. i.e. I just created a new contact on Outlook on my Desktop (on my server) and it has appeared failry swiftly (as it should and did with my prevous devices).
I did upgrade yeaterday to the newest version of BB10.
03-17-2014 10:58 AM
YAY - PROGRESS! :-)
The trouble I was experiencing may be different than yours: my brand new Z30 could save NO contact information from any application (FB, Hotmail, Exchange, even the native 'Contacts' app). For example, upon receiving a text message from ###-###-####, if I attempted to add them as a contact, it would allow me to enter first and last name, company, etc., but when I clicked save it would return me to the "Add Contacts" screen, and say I had no contacts. Very frustrating... I suspect that the software update to 10.2.2102 crosslinked a contact management file somewhere, and needed to be rebuilt.
Not sure how many of these steps are required, but this may help someone out there:
- First, I copied all of my device files to the media card, then removed the media card.
- Connected Z30 by USB to my PC, and performed a Security Wipe from the Blackberry Link software (it then prompted me to disconnect the Z30 to complete the wipe, so I unplugged it from PC/USB). If this concerns you (as it did me), I found that all of my carrier information was saved, and the software version was the same. I had to re-complete the tutorial that the store clerk ran through quickly when I bought the phone, and wound up with a blank device capable just of making phone calls.
- While Z30 was re-initializing, I removed the Z30 association from my Blackberry Link desktop software (just to ensure it wasn't going to attempt a Wifi or BT connection).
- Once Z30 had re-booted, I started with my WiFi connection and hotmail account - it worked! Then fb, LinkedIn and gmail accounts. They all loaded messages, calendar and contact info perfectly.
- Then plugged my Z30 into my PC with BB-Link running, and allowed it to sync videos/pictures/ media.
- Configured Contact/Calendar sync in BB-Link to connect with my Exchange profile, and Sync'd.
In the end, I received the familiar "Sync was unsuccessful" message from BB-Link, but all of my contacts seem to be on the device. Oddly, most of my calendar entries are now duplicated on my Z30, but they still show up fine in my Outlook calendar. If this doesn't fix itself on it's own over the next little while, I'll re-post.
03-02-2015 05:41 PM - edited 03-02-2015 05:43 PM
OMG this is definitely a bug and having the exact same issue. Repeatedly disabling and re-enabling Contacts a BUNCH of times eventually works, but if my device soft resets for any reason (dead battery for example, or the random Q10 reboot issue), all of my Contacts disappear again.
I've tried everything under the sun, including completely wiping my device two different ways, reinstalling the OS, etc to no avail.
A couple of other things I've noticed:
1) If I click "Edit Contact Folder Settings" button in Account Settings, it shows Contacts, LinkedIn AND "LinkedIn 2". I don't even have LinkedIn installed! So why is it showing two LinkedIn folders?
2) If I turn OFF the toggle switch to "Sync All Contact Folders" then click save, it does NOT save my settings (usually if something saves successfully, the devices seems to think for a few seconds, which doesn't happen). As soon as I go back to manually edit the Contact folders, the toggle switch is reverted back to "Sync All Contact Folders".
Really frustrated by this. Not having consistent access to my Contacts on a "business" phone kind of defeats the purpose am I wrong??
Q10 running 10.3.1 official...
06-19-2015 06:34 AM