Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Extreme data usage after all Apps are closed

For one or other reason my data usage is very high. While I was sleeping I received no messages and my data user is showing over 200 meg was downloaded .... I had one small bbm message after I checked and that was all. I had to switch my data off. I took a look for messages and received one small whatsap and one small bbm message and it showed that I used 2 meg which is impossible. I deleted Twitter and Drop box, switched off my e-mail etc. So how can over 200 meg be used if I did not even use my phone???

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Extreme data usage after all Apps are closed

Good day

Welcome to BB forums

Under stand that the new Blackberry's don't have data compression any more!

Do you've any other apps refreshing in the background?

You can download this app to monitor your usage

Data Monitor for BlackBerry 10

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/25739873/

I have deleted most of my apps. I have a data monitor on my phone and its keep running high megs the whole time. How will I know if there is apps running / refreshing in the background? I did not have this problem in the first 2 months, was shocked with a very high bill this month. I am to scared to switch on data. Keeping it off until i get home where I have uncapped wi-fi. I am trying to only use BBM and Whatsap at the moment until we have found out whats happening.  I am so frustrated. I am using "Data cheeck Pro" at the moment. I received no messages during the night and it tells me I downloaded over 200 meg .....

Forums Advisor III

Do you use your browser alot?

What apps do you have on your device now? So you haven't seen this before did you add app did you update app or your OS because that is odd

I have kept most of the apps that comes with the phone but the ones I used to use I have deleted for ex Kindle, Twitter and Dropbox. The rest I have changed to manual of switched off. I am not even getting notifications from Facebook anymore and e-mail is now on manual download. I use my browser now and again but since we picked up the heavy data usages I have not gone in there again. If you google data usage you will see there is quite a lot of people complaining about the same thing but I am looking for solution not problems. thanks for your help, much appreciated
Forums Advisor III

I had the same issue myself but I figure out the issue it was some apps I had refreshing in the background maybe you should call your carrier because 200MB in night seems odd

good luck!

My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Virgin

My Q5 is 2 months old, when upgrading the store showed me my avaerage monthly data use was 100mb, and that a 250mb plan will be sufficient.

Both months owning this phone the data has run out mid month, I am almost always in a wifi zone and connected.

The store is telling to unistall apps, this has been done other than FB and Whatsapp, so far, this is the worst "smartphone" I have owned or seen.

The stores next answer is turn of data other than wifi. Well, that will disable whatsapp and it is the only way some people contact me therefore can not be the answer.

What do any of you suggest?

Gary

New Contributor

Hi

Since i removed FB my data has stopped running. I have also switched off my location services ..... now I actuall dont even use 200 data but then again, i run of my Wi Fi at home after hours ...... so that also helps data usage on my phone.

Hope this helps ..... I only use bbm and whatsap now.

New Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Virgin

FB was never logged out on 2 previous models of BB, also on a HTC with windows and data was never an issue.

New Contributor

I know, hubby is on Iphone and does not come close to the amount of data usages that I went through. But by logging out of FB is one of the only ways I could stop my data usages going overboard. I used a gig by the middle of the month. I even removed Twitter etc. Took my Z10 everywhere and everyone was amazed at how my data was downloading 5 meg every few seconds.