Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: Bell

Facebook Message Notifications

For some reason, the facebook app wont let me change the notification settings. Either i recieve both messages and notifications or i recieve none. I've tried turning settings on and off in different combinations. I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling. I've tried hard resets and different versions of the app. Why wont my phone let me fix it?! I have an STL100-1 if that makes any difference. I'm also running the most current facebook. My phone's os doesnt matter, cause i've had this issue from 10.2 to 10.2.1. PLEASE HELP! I dont want messages sent to my phone anymore! 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Facebook Message Notifications

You cannot change settings in the Facebook app on your Z10 or you can change then but notifications are still received ?.

Try going onto Facebook with pc and change settings there, the notifications there may be overriding the app.

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Facebook Message Notifications

I'm not able to stop message notifications on the official website though. Everyone else i talk to says that by turning off the messages icon in account settings, it should work. But it's not Smiley Frustrated Is there something I may be missing? am i able to turn off message notifications on the actual site?