Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: Vip Serbia

Facebook account: Not Connected

I have Z10 STL100-2 and 10.2.0.1791 OS

From time to time when I go to Settings>Accounts i see that my Facebook account is NOT CONNECTED. 
I've had problems with accounts disconnecting on 10.1, but now, on 10.2 it's just FB. I'm trying to find pattern, when or why it's disconnecting. Initial thought was that it happens when I'm changing from Wi-Fi to GSM, but it's not the case. It just randomly disconnects.. I did complete OS install from scratch after "restore to factory OS" to 10.2.0.1791 and created account than, because I tought that problem may be somewhere in backup file, and it worked good for some 5-6 days, than it started all over again. I tried to delete and re-create account but it's still happening. It happens very often, only today (and now it's 3PM) I had manualy to reconnect account like 5-6 times. I'm getting really crazy about this, and I have no clue what to do...
It only happens with Facebook, all my other accounts are always connected. My FB app is latest there is (not sure about version), but there are no updates.
Any ideas, pleaseeee...

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Aliant

Re: Facebook account: Not Connected

I have the exact same problem with my Z10 also.. My facebook, and twitter accounts always show connected when I am on a wifi connection, but once I am outside my wifi zone, and on a regular 3g/4g connection, in settings, my facebook and sometimes twitter accounts, always show disconnected... This is all the time especially with Facebook.. But once I am back on my wifi connection, it will show connected.

Regular Contributor

In my case it's not always like that, for example. I'm at home on my Wi-Fi. I turn off wifi connection and check Accounts, FB is connected. But sometimes I just go out to store and while waiting there i see that my FB is not connected.

Regular Contributor

Last night when I wen't to sleep my FB was connected and my phone connected to home wi-fi. This morning I wake up just to find out that it's disconnected. I will NOT manualy connect it, just to see if it will connect itself...

Regular Contributor

I'm getting sooo frustrated with this, i'm considering shooting this stupid brick and get phone that works!

It's not that I need FB so bad, i just hate that phone I spent so much money on don't even work properly!