Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ee

Facebook app won't connect

The Facebook app always throws an error "Your login information for account [email address] has changed or is incorrect. Update your login info and try again" -- however the email and password are *definitely* correct, I've actually logged into Fb from a computer and checked. Any suggestions?

Really not having a good experience with the Z10 so far Smiley Sad

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Facebook app won't connect

Their is a new update for Facebook 10.1.0.106
Please try and update your current facebook and see if it fixes the problem.
New Contributor

Update it how? I wouldn't know where to start.

Gmail doesn't work either.

The display keeps flipping to sideways view.

All I wanted was a phone that worked, I seem to have been conned into a two year contract for this **bleep**ing piece of **bleep** so you've got my money and must be laughing all the way to the bank. All I can say is that I will never buy another RIM product as long as I live and will do everything I can to tell everyone I know what a PIECE OF **bleep**ING **bleep** this turd of a product is.

Developer

Go into Blackberry World
Tap on the Lower left corner square.
Go into Myworld
Click on Myapps & Games
New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion.

(a) what an insanely stupid place to hide what I assume are the most commonly downloaded apps.

(b) Yup, no Gmail.

(c) A Facebook app, with no way of telling whether it's more up to date than the one it came with (surely not, why would you ship a device with unpatched software? Even Microsoft stopped doing that in 2003...)

(d) Tapping "open" just starts the already-installed, known-broken app.

(e) Now I'm even more confused. Is "BlackBerry World" not some sort of appstore, then, but a really convoluted program manager for running stuff already installed?

(f) that reminds me of another grouse; there's no obvious way to get rid of the preinstalled crapware cluttering up the 3(!) screens of mostly junk apps. I'm sure there's a way to do it, and I'll figure it out (or google it up) in the end, but isn't it obvious how to do it?
New Contributor

Sorry to be so negative, but as you can probably tell Smiley Happy I'm pretty disappointed with the experience I'm having with this thing.
Highlighted
Developer

Blackberry app world is like a app store, if you have updates you use blackberry app world to update.

Create a Folder place all the preinstalled apps in it and set it aside.