Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Priv
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Facebook z10 Mobile Client

Facebook behaviour seems to have changed starting this morning:  on starting the app I am getting a "no stories returned" message.  Tried a warm reboot, cold reboot and app reinstall to no avail.  Then I stumbled on this workaround: navigated to "Account Settings" and selected news feed from the main menu whilst there and the news feed appears OK albeit with a smaller font size than before.  Has perhaps something changed at the Facebook site?

Regular Contributor

Re: Facebook z10 Mobile Client

[ Edited ]

For entertainment I sideloaded an Android version of the Facebook Mobile client -- doesn't have the BB10 navigation bug and generally runs OK but a bit slower (understandable for an Android port I guess)

Regular Contributor

Found the solution on the Crackberry forum -- one of my friends posting of a link to "books I've read" caused the BB10 mobile client to blink and return Nada.  The solution is to hide the offending posting in the browser version of Facebook and then the BB10 app is happy -- took me a while to find it!

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: O2

I have the same issue since yesterday with my brandnew Q10!

It never gave me any FB notifications, which is really unnerving, but since yesterday there are no news/stories displayed anymore... even after a new installation it comes back with "FB cannot find any new stories"... any stories at all so to say.... :-(

Regular Contributor

Maybe the same solution that worked for me will help -- if you go to the web Facebook version and sift through your friends postings you may find one that recommends a book through a "books I've read" link (or something like that!).  I selected to "hide" that post from the web page drop down and after that my z10 news feed was back to normal.  No problem for me with the FB messages.

Definitely a bug with the BB10 Facebook client.

Good luck.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Yes the solution worked. I hid a story on my news feed that I had read around the time of occurrence and now it works again.