Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Fair well

I have enjoyed Black Berry Phones for years.  Unfortunately many of the things I loved on my origional phone have disappeared over the years.  I had high hopes when I got my Z10 but have been uytterly disappointded.  Near the end ot the warranty period I began to have problems listening to callers.  The phoe had a very raspy sound that got worse as the days passed.  When I had it checked I was told that the little speaker had come loose inside.  After receiving a new phone and going through the pain and suffering that goes along with getting it trained, I began having the same issue.  Enough is enough, so I purchased an Android Phone.

It is amazing just how far behind the power cureve Blackberry is, this is really apparent when you make the switch.  I would really like to see Blackberry make a come back but they need to change their corporate Culture.  I would urge them to consider:

There needs to an easy method for user to provide feedback.

They need to listen to their customers (ironic a communications company that cannot communicate).

They need to have more frequent updates that are throughly tested and much smaller.

They need to dramatically shorten their development cycles.

They may be the third largest Cell Phone manufacturer, but as they say " when you are not the lead dog, the view is always the same"

Fairwell, I had a lot of great service from my Black Berry phones, and that I am thankful for!

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Fair well

Bye. Smiley Sad

Make sure to stop by support forums for other brands. Chances are you'll be posting about issues with your new phone as well. Every platform has its strengths but there are always problems with some of the phones. I just don't want you to think that any platform is immune from problems.

We're here for you if you ever return. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Fair well

I spent 37 years working as a technician for the Government.  During that time I worked on Radar, Sonar, Avionics and other complex systems.  I spent some time doing failure analysis and proto type development.  It's safe to say I have a pretty good handle on what works and what doesn't.  I find it unfortunate that a company that began so well has lost it's way.  I would hope that a change in culture might bring positive changes and a resurgance in the Blackberry Brand.  We all know what happens when the competition component is absent in the market place.

Having said that the change to what some might characterize as the "Dark Side" has been a real eye opener.  I walked out of the store with a fully funcional phone and have had no teed for tech support what so ever.