Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Firmware downgrade

Hi,

is it possible to downgrade the firmware of a Z10 back to a version 10.1.?

We habe problems with 10.2 in combination with Exchange 2003. 10.1 is working perfectly. As long as our new Exchange Server is not ready I would like to downgrade our the devices back.

Does somebody know if it is possible?

Thanks and best regards

Marcel

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: Firmware downgrade

Hi and Welcome to the Community! 

Try this process:

This requires you have a a Windows PC computer.

1. Disconnect your BlackBerry10 device from the PC.
  2. On the PC, turn off your BlackBerry Link and turn off the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
  3. Open your Internet Explorer (Firefox may also work) and navigate to www.BlackBerry.com/updates, Down the webpage , select the "Check for Updates" link.
  4. Connect your BlackBerry10 device with which you're having problems. 
  5. On the BlackBerry10 device , press and hold the top edge power button for 10 seconds until it is complete off, and then turn on by pressingthe the power button again.
  6. You will see a prompt appear and the BlackBerry smartphone will appear in a dropdown list just after the LED turns red. You should see "USB: UNKNOWN or USB: BlackBerry (PIN)
  7. When you see that prompt, as soon as possible, click on the OK Button.
  8. After these previous steps have been completed, there will be displayed a message: "Checking for BlackBerry Device Software updates. The BlackBerry 10 smartphone will now power itself off after 120 seconds."
  9. After that period, the BlackBerry10's LED is supposed to be lit green.
  10. Wait until after you see the LED turn green. Then, there will appear a prompt to install BlackBerry Device Software.
  11. Follow the remaining prompts to complete the install of the operating system.

When the installation has completed the BlackBerry will commence the boot process.

VIA |

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/BB10-Z10-OS-downgrade/m-p/2477759/highlight/tr...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Contributor

I think I tried the steps as suggested (not sure), but at the end the BB will wants to install the latest offical available version from 10.2.

But I need to reinstall a Version 10.1 again.

Contributor

Sorry, but I'm absolutely frustreaded. There is a problem with the OS 10.2. on our devices, and Blackberry is not able to give me a simple rollback to an previous version of 10.1.

I asked a similar question over the BlackBerry Expert Support Center portal and there I have also no response.

All devices with 10.2. have problems with the calender sync. All devices with 10.1. have no problem.

The simple solution from the people which are sitting over me....

...stop the blackberry 10 rollout, affected users will move back to their old blackberry device. The next step I have to do is to check the implementaion of iPhones.

Sad but true.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: verizon

Good for you mstuhr...maybe on the iPhone you will not get the run around. I have been over the last 2 hours searching on this forum how to DOWN - GRADE the z10 OS. Sorry for the caps but it seems there is major confusion between down-grading and UP-grading. Every solution given on this forum results in an UPGRADE. I am suspicious and curious as to why RIM will not supply a proper solution for a downgrade. Even after restoring my z10 using the LINK, the z10 phone setup goes into automatic - uninterruptable update mode to 10.2.1.2122.