Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: 305-807-4201

Forgot my password to unlock new Z10 Blackberry

[ Edited ]

Hello:

Can anyone PLEAS help me? I purchased a new Blackberry and must have made a typo last night creating an unlock password. I went to a T-mobile store (my carrier) and they said I have to contact BlackBerry on-line There's no on-line chat and my new cell rings (I can answer calls) but I can't open phone to dial out or access email, etc..

Thanks,

<removed>

MOD EDIT: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Forgot my password to unlock new Z10 Blackberry

[ Edited ]

T-Mobile was wrong.  If you created a password for your BlackBerry and you forget it (or mistakenly entered something you didn't want when you created it), nobody, including BlackBerry or the most advanced computer technician in the world, can retrieve it for you.  That's part of BlackBerry's security.  You'll have to enter an incorrect one ten times in a row and erase all your data then start fresh.  I only hope you've done a data backup first.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

(P.S. Please edit your post and remove all personal information from it.)

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 3 UK

I miss my BBZ10 so badly, and am stuck with this slow imteracting iPhone 6

One problem I have, is gettingg help from customer service, and if you have read any of my post from anywhere.

Is the fact that not being in the enterprise market, Choices of help are limited.

Particulary here in the UK.

My sister has a BBZ10, but she is starting to lose bits of her memory, due to the fatal infection of cancer, which has only this year has creaped into her body.

I simply can't just get on the phone and get the help she and I her brother needs to have peace of mind.

My sister has forgotten herpassword she put on her Z10.

So I have backed-up her phone. (It's the first time her BlackBerry Link has connected to her phone since she installed BB Link, now am in the steering wheel for her today and others that should come after me.

And all because, I am not a cooperate.

BB Phone Help.png

JTValerie
Solutions: 6,421
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

@jtv

I don't understand your question.

You or she must know the security password to unlock the device. There is no workaround or backdoor for this.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor

Sorry JS

I should of stated, was that I don't know the password, but the point I was making was the difficulty of getting help and directions by a simple call, for not having a cooperate status.

The cancer is causing my sister to forget a lot of things and I was lucky that I was able to back-up her phone before completing a device total reset.

I am just getting ready to do the next part now, which is to get into her email address, so I can collect the links that should be sent there to reset, if she can remember this.

All that before I can restore her back-up and contacts that she needs, but am not happy about basic customers are dealt when it comes to getting help directly from our dear BB rather than from our dear forum.
JTValerie
Solutions: 6,421
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Very sorry about your sister.

How Formal Support Works
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Social-Lounge/How-Formal-Support-Works/td-p/2540533
Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor

Thanks JS
Much appreciated
JTValerie
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: 305-807-4201

Re:Locked out by hackers after six attempts to login with new Z10 Blackberry

To go on recordL  I did not, nor never forgot my login' password. What happend to me was I was locked out of two different new Blackberry's while in conversation with 1) Shorty Green Lazaro Gomez 2) Carolina Vera Antonellttie, 3) Lazaro A. Fernandez Blackberry could not solve the issue. Not sure why. I never bothered to activate my 3rd Qz - I am still using a Samsung Galaxy 3 that they took away my administrative rights in May of 2013.

This was malicious hackingperpertrated by some sort of business parania and greed -- they also hacked three nmacbook pros and my daughter's Toshiba PC. The hacking started May 9th 2013 and continued for two years. It cost me thousands of dollars and hours and hours of time. Basically, I have given up on my right to prvacy. I cannot bank on-line  (advised by my bank after they hacked my checking account - changing my security questions) and my cards are credit/debitcloned when I use them on-line. II have been advised to change all my Internet accounts, but my Apple ID and facebook are my name and I use it for my business and am known by tha!

B.A. Martin

Community Manager
Community Manager
My Device: DTEK60
My Carrier: Koodo

Hi @jtv

Sorry to hear about your sister Smiley Sad 

Regarding her device, can we clarify something?

"So I have backed-up her phone. (It's the first time her BlackBerry Link has connected to her phone since she installed BB Link, now am in the steering wheel for her today and others that should come after me."

Were you able to make a backup successfully? If so this would imply you know the device password because you cannot connect to a device, and backup with using BlackBerry Link unless the device password is entered. 

Can you let me know if you were, or were not able to make the backup? 

Got a question about a BlackBerry Product or Service?

If so use the BlackBerry Contact Catalog so we can better assist > http://blck.by/2huFaGF