Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Four rapid LED flashes and Z10 refuses to switch on, and of course I didn't back up recently...

Local guy can't help, network provider can't halp, BB want $49.99 just to take my call?, meanwhile I'm stuck with a useless phone that the link software doesn't see and apparently the only option I have is to wipe the system back to factory, or replace the handset for new.

Does anyone know of a way to retrieve my texts, contacts, music, photos etc from the handlheld device that won't switch on? 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Four rapid LED flashes and Z10 refuses to switch on, and of course I didn't back up recently...

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

CraigT wrote:

Local guy can't help, network provider can't halp, BB want $49.99 just to take my call?

Regarding that, please see this "sticky" post, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

CraigT wrote:

Does anyone know of a way to retrieve my texts, contacts, music, photos etc from the handlheld device that won't switch on? 

As with any such computing device, having the device running is a natural prerequisite to extracting any information stored thereon. Further, the method of protection from such events is conducting regular backups -- which, like insurance, is neither a reactive nor an optional activity.

Nevertheless, while the sequence of events leading up to your situation are not stated, the methods in this KB might be of use:

• KB33480 BlackBerry 10 smartphone does not boot, displays a Phone with a USB icon, and is unable to be reloaded using BlackBerry Link after an interrupted Security Wipe

Still, though, not likely to achieve what you desire...it is quite likely that your data is already wiped out from the device anyway.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................