Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: TSTT

Re: Frequent automatic rebooting ...

Thing is not much work load is going on as for tech support lol that is for enterprise customers I think I can ssh dunno their command line though I hope they really monitoring their forums and seeing ppl's pain. What's your free memory like when not doing anything? Wonder if they would offer to review some logs to see what's going on because it would be disappointing to have a awesome piece of hard ware and buggy Os.
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell Canada

I have been keeping an eye on this problem (I posted about it some time ago, above) and come to a conclusion: The BB10 phone probably needs to be rebooted after it installs a software update.The rebooting issue usually happens after I unplug the device from my computer, but not always.

This suggests that any BB10 phone, depending on when it was released by the BlackBerry factory to the store where you bought it, will need some amount of updating. I know BlackBerry issues a flurry of software updates, and the reboot is simply updating its system -- if the device gets a software update, then unplugging the device or shutting down and restarting it triggers the reboot.

I got my Z10 a few months ago (Canaduian release), and noted some questions on this forum about rebooting; this past week the Z10 went on sale in the US, and now there's a lot of activity on this subject.

So I'm coming to the conclusion that rebooting is a good thing. Annoying as hell, but good. We're just not accustomed to BlackBerry's software update rhythms, and so suspect the reboot is the work of the Devil.

If I'm right, then BlackBerry might think of displaying a message, say after the update saying (like Windows), "A software update has been installed on your device, and the system has been restarted."

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I am pretty sure they aren't sending updates multiple times per day.  And outside of when I initially set up my wife's phone, she hasn't connected it to a computer at all.  They could send updates to the phone without a physical computer connection and they do, but not 2-10+ times per day.

Contributor

Software as in app updates or Os updates I haven't received Os updates in a while however I'm at 10.0.10.88 but I did do a face book twitter and adobe update don't know if that triggered it but we will see how it goes.
Contributor

I also notice when waze or the Android engine crashes it restarts as well they clearly have some process handling issues.

Contributor

Is there a work around @ the moment?

Contributor

Just had another random restart is there a way to cleanly wipe the device and reload the Os from scratch besides using link because I believe link retains some settings
Contributor

So I was able to narrow it down to the app "waze" I realize once I open it or use it long enough or it doesn't run properly it crashes and @ times it classes the Android engine and forces the device to reboot saw a lot of people complain about it in the app world forums / review but I will continue to monitor my z10 until updates and fixes comes along.
Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: TDC - Denmark

How come there is no new comments from Team BlackBerry ? What is your plan for damage control, and what information are you willing to share with us ? Do we know what OS versions is affected by this unwanted feature ? Or even worse can this be a hardware bug, like the known QualCom overheating issue, memory leak or other faulty hardware ? Some people get it fixed by reload the OS software, sometimes more then 1..huh? I see this reboot error alot on Z10s with preloaded 10.0.10.690 OS
Contributor

Now I have to pay in addition to the 600 Canadian I spent for the device and additional 100 Canadian to ship it back to have it replaced on warranty because team blackberry refuse to give an answer as to what is going on and I am currently working in the Caribbean. This is so frustrating u buy their hardware u see advice and get no respond and i am on Os 10.0.10.88 and this happens waze reviewed their log and said it was an issue with the device because they are aware of their app crashing but not restarting the device I don't know what to do again becoming very unsatisfied.