Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany
Accepted Solution

Get my contacts out of the work perimeter

On my old 9790 all my contacts were automatically synced with our Exchange server.

It was nice to get them all automatically on to the Z10, but now they are "trapped" in the work perimeter, and since our Admin set the password timeout to 10min i often have to unlock the perimeter just to get to my private contacts.

Any suggestions how i could get them into my private perimeter? Or is it maybe better to store them on a google account or the like?

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Get my contacts out of the work perimeter

The whole idea of the Balance feature is to keep Work and Personal information separate, so when the Work perimeter locks you need to unlock it before you are able to access this information. This is working as designed. On the device, there is no way to move or copy your contacts to the Personal space.

You could do as you suggested and use something like Google to sync from your work PC to the Personal space.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Developer

Thats what i figured. Does anybody have some suggestions about which service integrates well with the Z10?
Is google the best? I guess i can export my contacts from my work Outlook as csv, or is there a more comfortable way?
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer

just in case somebody else finds it helpful:
i exported all contacts in outlook as a csv file, created an outlook.com account (as google had my preferred mail adress already) and imported them without any issue.
sync to Z10 runs without any problems.
@SimonHain on twitter