Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Gmail contacts syncing only one-way

Hello everyone,

I've got a couple of problems with the Gmail contacts on my Z10. Besides getting them double (as described in http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34047) on a regular basis (Delete account, delete "rest" accounts still lying around, add Gmail Contacts account, wait -> the double contacts are there again), I've also noticed the changes are synced only one-way (from Z10 to Gmail, but the changes to a Gmail contact are not synced to the Z10). Any idea what's wrong there?

Greetings,

Andrei

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Gmail contacts syncing only one-way

Hello,

While I've not experienced that, I also chose to not use GMail as my Contact or Calendar sync due to the inability to (for free) achieve full end-to-end OTA sync (Outlook PC client through to the Z10). Rather, I discovered that Outlook.com offered a "better" method to achieve that, and totally free. It's not necessary to shift to using Outlook.com for email...it works fine (only one little wrinkle) to use it just for Calendar or Contacts (or both), yet still use Gmail for primary email. That's indeed my configuration...Gmail for email, Outlook.com for calendar and contacts...and I have full sync with Outlook client (two instances, actually), my Z10, and even other mobile devices if I want (I had a Droid in the mix, but have decommissioned that).

With all the issues with other providers, I actually recommend using Outlook.com for calendar and contacts. For contacts, it's totally functional and transparent. For calendar, as long as you don't have certain circumstances to deal with (specifically invite/reply handling), then it works perfectly as well.

So, with all I read about Google (and other) regarding Calendar/Contact sync, I might actually suggest that you abandon Google for that in favor of something that has fewer issues in general.

Just a thought...your's to ponder over and decide on.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................