Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Wind

Gmail email connection and having to re-enter password

Hey guys. So may be a couple times a day, my gmail account set up on the Z10 keeps syncing out - which is itself is not a huge problem since that is expected on a network.

My complaint is that everytime this happens, the Z10 asks me to re-enter my password. Annoying. The lost connection is not due to a password issue, but due to a network issue. Why does it force me to re-enter the same password over and over and over again?

Solutions: 6,422
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Gmail email connection and having to re-enter password

What is the OS release on your Z10?

Settings > About > Software Version?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Hey JSanders. My version is 10.1.0.273.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, Z10
My Carrier: EE

Curious. I have 2 accounts, gmail and talktalk, and the gmail one is fine and has never disconnected. The second is talktalk which does disconnect on average once a day and sometimes takes a while to reconnect (due to strength of mobile signal I think). I thought it may have been the 3rd party smtp server I use for talktalk but their support assured me is had not gone down.

S

Contributor

The connection to gmail may be more solid for you b/c of your carrier. I use Wind Mobile.

That being said, my complaint is not about the disconnection itself - that's just part of doing business. My complaint is about BB asking me to re-enter the password over and over again. For goodness sakes, just remember my password and try again without bothering me! Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Yes, it's silly that it clears the password when it loses a connection. I can't imagine that it was intentional, perhaps with luck that'll be solved in the next release.

Seems that the global BB community is doing the bug finding and QA/UAT!

With the OS upgrade this issues ceased for me.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates

With the OS upgrade this issue ceased for me.

Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor

I have the latest version (10.1.0.273), which I updated when I was installing the phone upgrading from my 9800.

I did see a few posts which said that deleting and readding cured the problem however I can't see how that would affect it.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 4168787137

Perhaps Google is disconnectingn your account. Check your settings. 

I don't have any issues myself, but I don know that sometimes, depending on mobility settings, it may disconnected if Gmail doesn't recognize your device and stuff.