Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Goodbye Blackberry, for now.

For the third time this month, my new Z10 locked in the contacts. I had to shut it off, there was no way out. After powering back on, all my contacts were gone. 
THIRD. TIME. 
THIS. MONTH.

I was first in line to by a Z10. I was shocked to find that there was no Outlook Sync, but I would wait. I was a little dismayed that OS fixes, patches and software updates were happening almost daily. I was annoyed by the fact that actual documentation inside the unit was sparse. And totally annoyed that hitting 'end call' was a 'maybe, if I feel like it' kinda thing. 
I was also cranked to find that the developer program doesn't appear to have changed at all. And when the obnoxious Blackberry employee on my flight from Victoria to Vancouver was talking so loudly to someone in Montreal that everyone on the plane knew that Blackberry had somehow managed to blow a PR opportunity with Alicia Keys, in both English AND French, the bloom was off the rose.

The up shot is, I quit. Today was the last straw. My Z10 is now parked and off, and will remain so until you get your **bleep** together.  I'm into a three year contract on this thing, but it will be at least a year before I power it back on. I'm not wasting any more time endlessly online with first Bell then Blackberry to 'solve my problem'...the problem is that QNX or at least your implimentation of it is NOT ready. And I can't afford to loose another day like this. 

Hasta la vista, Berry. Your phone should work as well as the censor on this page that automatically inserted bleep instead of the short form of 'steaming heap of fecal material'.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Goodbye Blackberry, for now.

Navion wrote:

My Z10 is now parked and off, and will remain so until you get your **bleep** together.  I'm into a three year contract on this thing, but it will be at least a year before I power it back on. I'm not wasting any more time endlessly online with first Bell then Blackberry to 'solve my problem'...the problem is that QNX or at least your implimentation of it is NOT ready. And I can't afford to loose another day like this. 

Hasta la vista, Berry. Your phone should work as well as the censor on this page that automatically inserted bleep instead of the short form of 'steaming heap of fecal material'.

hello Navion,

I can feel your frustration and anger. Unfortunately...when you registered to this forum, it was explicitely written that this forum is peer-to-peer. The people who read this forum, and contribute to it, are people like you. We have bought our BlackBerry phones or tablets, and we spend part of our free time here, helping people who have issues with their BlackBerry device.

so this is not my **bleep* .

If you post was just a rant, then fine. On the other hand if you intend to make BlackBerry employees know that you are quitting, then the only way is to tell Bell. After a while if there are many people like you, be assured that Bell will tell BlackBerry about it.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Passport
My Carrier: Optus Australia

Such a shame this is going on. Blackberry should have "come to the table" and assisted you with all this and replaced your phone.
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

For the record, BlackBerry contracts the carriers (including Bell) to provide the support for its users. Just like when you buy a car, you don't return it to the manufacturer for repairs, you go to your local dealer. If anyone needs to "come to the table", it's Bell. I'm sorry to hear of your woes but it's Bell's job to take care of you.

Please post back if you require further assistance. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

You should first contact your provider. If it is BELL, they will take care of this for you. BELL is every strong on service and they will help you. If they cannot support the problem they will forward you to Blackberry support directly.

We have a number of Z10s' and other Blackberry phones. They have been working very well for us. They are all on BELL. For one of them, when they were first bought, we had an issue. I was passed to Blackberry support. We re-installed the operating system. Since then the phone has been excellent.

Jerry G.
Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

I'd of immediately backed up my contacts after the first time. After the second time I would have gotten tech support involved or had them give me a new phone.