Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Reply
Highlighted
Contributor
Posts: 32
Registered: ‎06-10-2009
My Device: Z10 Version 10.0.10.672 release 10.0.10.85
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: Group texts

Drewread, how long are we supposed to wait?
Contributor
Posts: 47
Registered: ‎03-17-2013
My Device: bb bold 9780
My Carrier: telus

Re: Group texts

BB/RIM absolutely took a HUGE step Backwards just so they could Be like Everyone else rather than exceptionally Different with better options.

Now there's NO GROUP anything!!! No Group Txt, No Group Email, No Group Picture Messaging, No Group BBM & Why? Like I said, All to be like the Other phone makers.

In my mind, BB/RIM has gone from Smart Phone to Stupid Phone!!!

And Once Again they're Losing $$$ & had2 Lay Off 100's of Employees all to be like Everyone else.

Well I hope it was worth it BB/RIM to be a Copy Cat rather than an Individual who Once had the Perfect Smart Phone.

All U really Should've Done BB/RIM was take ALL of the well Loved Options we Have/Had with our Old BB's and Put them in your New BB + your New Options & Voila, BB/RIM would once again have come out with the absolute most Purrrrrfect Smart Phone!!!

How Stupid of U BB/RIM to OMIT All the Options your beloved BB Users Loved & Used a BB For, especially people in Business. GROUP Anything made life so much Simpler in the Business World. Now it's a Pain in the butt!!!

Thanks BB/RIM for Not Staying True to who U once were, Different & Smart. It sucks that U Forgot about the Business World & made a phone for the people who Like2 PLAY with their phones rather than a phone for the people who switched to a BB in the First place bcuz U were Different, Smart & made Life Easier in the business aspect of things!!!

U screwed up once again & now U R paying for it bcuz sooo many people are getting rid of the New BBZ10 & the BBQ10 & this has cost U Big Time & now U Hav2 Lay Off Staff! What a frigging JOKE U R BB/RIM!!! Back in the News again in a Negative way!!

And I hear you're coming out with a New phone called the BBS10? Well I hope it does Have ALL of the Old Options PLUS your New Options bcuz if you've Omitted the Old Options again, you're going2 Go Broke & Never Recover, Never!!!!! Hope U will Learn a Lesson from all of this BB/RIM & STOP trying2 be like everyone else & just be BB!!!
Contributor
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎04-15-2013
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Group texts

Amen preach I too feel the exact same way. Why would they lure long loyal customers into thinking we would get all OS 7 features and more with OS 10 they have went backwards and this may be the end for them. I have had a BlackBerry since they came out and I feel cheated. I could go on forever about the features lost and the problems I am having with the z10. I think I just need to move on away from BlackBerry.
Posts: 94,247
Likes: 24,335
Solutions: 6,331
Registered: ‎04-01-2008
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Group texts


KayceeP wrote:

And I hear you're coming out with a New phone called the BBS10?

The BlackBerry10 OS phones launched in January, of which the Z10, Q10, and Q5 are three models of the BB10 OS devices. 

 

You're rant is so offbase. But carry on.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV


1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
Posts: 47
Registered: ‎03-17-2013
My Device: bb bold 9780
My Carrier: telus

Re: Group texts

Hey JPSanders, U think U know it all because your title on here reads Expert??? Well here U go, Expert this since U think I'm sooo Off Base with my Rant, even though I'm NOT the only person Disappointed with BB/RIM for Various & Obvious Reasons!!!!! But WE who do complain Don't PLAY on our BB's, WE who do complain are doing so because BB/RIM Omitted Several of the Easy to Use Business Aspect of Options that Contributed to making Life in the Business World Simpler & Faster. I don't know what type of almost 20 year Business U have but Obviously U Didn't Use a lot of the Features Us Business People are Complaining about!!! And GROUP Anything IS what made Life in the Business World Faster. We SHOULDN'T have to be Downloading Anything when these Options were Once Already IN Our Older Model BB's!!!!!! These Options Should've Been Left In the New Version of BB because They Are what Most people Bought & Used a BB for!!!

But anyway, here's an address for U because U like to make it Appear as IF U Know Everything! However, I beg to differ, especially on this Rant....

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2013/04/07/blackberry-s10-conjuring-mixes-best-of-z10-and-q10/#

Now who's the one that Doesn't know what they're Talking about??!!??

Next time perhaps U better READ UP before U - not in so many words -tell someone to SHUT UP because U Don't Think I in this hand, KNOW what I'm talking About!!!
Posts: 94,247
Likes: 24,335
Solutions: 6,331
Registered: ‎04-01-2008
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Group texts

KayceeP, relax. You've already told us that you're smarter than all others and you've clearly shown you are a highly qualified businessperson. Enjoy life now, don't let these things drag you down.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV


1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
Posts: 47
Registered: ‎03-17-2013
My Device: bb bold 9780
My Carrier: telus

Re: Group texts

U seem to be the Only One who THINKS U are Smarter than ALL Others bcuz-because U continuously Knock Down & Disagree with Anything & Everything Real Business People Dislike the New BB's For.

I, Like many others on here, am only complaining about how BB/RIM Omitted the Once very Loved Simpler, Quicker & Easier to use Options! The options that made life in the Real Business World much Faster, especially with GROUP anything being at our finger tips & with a Quick tap of a button!

Sure these options may be there, but Only If we Download them! But who has the TIME to Download Options/Apps that were once already in the OS that should've remained in the OS?!!?

Sure all of these NEW options/apps/functions are great, but what I believe I hear Most people saying is that they would Prefer All of the Previous options/apps/functions that were simple to access, still Remain witthin BB's New OS when/if BB continues onward with new phones. And the reasons are Obvious if U or BB/RIM actually Try to Hear the What & Why of the people!!

And, if I wasn't "qualified as a Business person" I wouldn't have been with & travelled the World with the same Jimmy Pattison company for going on 35 years now with shares in the company. And our company is very TIME Oriented where Every Second Counts & having to Download what was Once already there for Many Years is a Huge Waste of Valuable Time!!!
Posts: 94,247
Likes: 24,335
Solutions: 6,331
Registered: ‎04-01-2008
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Group texts


KayceeP wrote:
U seem to be the Only One who THINKS U are Smarter than ALL Others bcuz-because U continuously Knock Down & Disagree with Anything & Everything Real Business People Dislike the New BB's For.

Kaycee, I learned a long time ago, probably longer ago than you have lived, that I am not smarter than all others.

I just want to learn why you choose to capitalize almost every other word as you type in those rants. That is cool.

 

I hope you enjoy the device you choose to use.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV


1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
Posts: 21
Registered: ‎01-10-2012
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Group texts

Come on, folks, take it easy.

 

KayceeP, you're very passionate about this, obviously, and I totally agree with you.  However, while you claim to be well-versed in business, the manner in which you express yourself (U for you, capitalizing all kinds of stuff) comes across as a little unprofessional.

 

JSanders, for your part, you did kind of jump on her tail with the "rant" comment.  What kind of response did you expect, when even though the new phone point may have been "offbase," the rest of her complaints were perfectly valid?

 

We're getting away from the main point, which is that group texting was a feature that was present in previous iterations of the BB OS, and is now something we have to wait for, just to get back to zero.  BB/RIM has been severely deficient for a long time when it comes to decisions about their product and responsiveness to customer feedback.  Loyal BB users really deserve so much more, and it confounds me that they still seem to be in that mode when not too long ago, everyone in the industry was predicting that BB's demise was just around the corner.  They will not be saved by becoming something they aren't - they will be saved by the many loyal folks who continue to support them for a few features that aren't available elsewhere.  Removing those features, or failing to provide the basics of business use, is not only shooting themselves in the foot, but also insulting those who have supported them for so long.

 

So back to the thread topic, it's just so ridiculous that the ability to participate in group texts is gone (or has been gone since 6? 7?), and no one telling me that I can get around it with an app or that the next update will have it will satisfy my anger that such a bad decision was made in the first place.  I'm not giving up on BB yet, but they've got a long way to go to get me and so many others back to the point where I will endorse their product to others (which, by the way, is how BB will avoid extinction).

Contributor
Posts: 47
Registered: ‎03-17-2013
My Device: bb bold 9780
My Carrier: telus

Re: Group texts

Here's the link to back up what I was saying about the "new phone"

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2013/04/07/blackberry-s10-conjuring-mixes-best-of-z10-and-q10/#

And, there's a Huge Difference between the Business World to this Cyber World & these Complaints Forums. And in the Office, I Don't Capitalize most words nor do I type Phonically ie: bcuz for because or duznt for doesn't or U for You, hav for have & so on... I only do so on here to txt faster with my older BB!!!

Actually, not to sound like I have a big ego or anything, but in the real world I've won awards/pins for the writings of my papers & my employer has had several of my views published... One article inpeticular was published in a Foster Parents magazine.

I think it's a nice change to switch things up & not look so proper all of the time!

But thanks hey for the support!