Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Groupwise

All Government E-mails in the province of PEI are with groupwise. Groupwise will not push out email on iphone or Android. However, it would work on all previous versions of the Blackberry. I never purchased any other product for this reason, also waited patiently for Z1o, I never even considered that the new platform would not support Groupwise.

I need a fix to get my email pushed out to me from grouwise or I need to return.

Also, webmail for groupwise in the browser will not work it will not allow you to open e-mails by selecting them.

So there is no way currently for me to check my e-mail on my new blackberry Z10.

There has to be a way?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Groupwise

Hey skybuckets,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Were you using BlackBerry Enterprise Service with your previous BlackBerry smartphone? If yes, I would suggest checking with your BlackBerry Enterprise Service admin to see if they have BlackBerry Enterprise Server 10. Also check to see if they have GroupWise Data Synchronization setup on the Groupwise server, this allows for a Active Sync or Active Sync like connection between the devices and GroupWise.

In regards to accessing your Webmail from the Browser, check to see if you have Flash enabled on the Browser, Go the Browser Settings> Display and Actions> Turn Adobe Flash on.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Super Contributor

Since you mention that your employer does not support email on iPhone or Android I'm assuming that they have not implemented the Novell Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack that adds this functionality to GroupWise. Without that, you will not be able to get your email on a BlackBerry 10 device.

Older BlackBerry devices used the connection to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server to send and receive email. The new devices, even when connected to BES10, do not work this way and require a connection via ActiveSync to connect. The Novell Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack is how your employer would enable ActiveSync connectivity to GroupWise.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Contributor

Interesting!

So my employer would need to puchase The Novell Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack?

Would this alllow access to Android and apple if purchased as well?

How expensive is this package?

How do we go about getting it?

Thanks,

Very Much

New Contributor
My Device: 9700

I work in a Groupwise environment. I am having issues with the sync'ing as well....however my IT department has implemented the Novell Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack. 

I was told that it comes with Groupwise (we are using v.2012).

I don't think that there is any extra charge for the software .... just the IT resources to set it up, which is minimal.

Super Contributor

From what I understand, the Novell Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack is available at no charge to customers with maintenance (which means customers who pay an annual fee for software updates and support), so there shouldn't be any cost for the software, just the time needed to install and configure.

Once it is installed, it would support iOS and (presumably) Android as well.

Best thing would be to chat with the head of IT to see what the plans might be.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here are the setup steps for the Z10 using the Novell GroupWise Mobility Pack service (the "Mobility Service").

http://wiki.novell.com/index.php/Blackberry_Z10#Setup_Instructions

GroupWise comes with the Mobility Service and Instant Messaging service at no additional charge.  You can install as many server instaces as you want.  Novell only charges you for the GroupWise mailbox, that's it.

Novell even gives you the Linux server OS underneath all GroupWise services at no additional charge.