Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

HELP! BBM, Software reload, BB Link

[ Edited ]

I need help with this. Since I bought the Z10 on AT&T on day one, I noted that when I manually searched for BBM in BlackBerry World a few other apps appeared but there was no sign of BBM. However, I have it installed in my device, so it appears under My World but when I tap it, it says that BBM is unavailable for my device. I was like WTF but I did not care because everything was working flawlessly. 

Now, a few days ago I noted that no one had sent me a BBM and that was weird, so I opened BBM and a bunch of messages were there awaiting my read but no notifications arrived. The Hub was showing old messages from those conversations and it won't refresh the chats. I tried deleting the chats from within the Hub and after the needed taps and swipes to erase, all of them were still there, like tattooed into the Hub. One in particular does not even mark as read. I tried taking it down from showing in the Hub but again, old messages won't disappear and the BBM tab within the Hub is still there. I tried the 5 swipes to refresh the Hub but after the refresh, the chats were still there. I checked the notifications menu for BBM in the main settings but everything was Ok. BB Help on twitter told me to register the device by going into Settings>About>Network>3 dots> Register BlackBerry... My phone registered but made no effect with the issues. And because when I search for it, it says that it isn't available for my device I won't venture into uninstalling and reinstall it to see if it solved the problem.

Then I was trying to reload the software of the Z10 but BB Link won't help. It freezes and when it responds it does nothing when I click Reload software. I've reconnected the device, updated to the latest version of Link, I even turned on the development mode and nothing. Now I'm here with a Muted BlackBerry Messenger, a dumb Hub and a useless BlackBerry Link. 

Any suggestion? :/