Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: 9788
My Carrier: china mobile

HELP! I LOST many apps after reinstalled the 10.2.1 OS

My phone is Z10, and the previous carrier is O2. (now I already unlocked it). Yesterday, I post an message about my phone 's problem, today I did , but after I reinstalled the 10.2.1 OS. Something happened.  Please take a look and help me .

1. The starting windows image is changed (not China unicom or ).\ feels  a little bit slower than before,

2. I lost many apps, the voice control、twitter、 youtube、music etc. Now my phone only have one page of apps( should be three page of apps). And the monitor doesn't  have reaction when I tapped it.

3.when I recover my back-up, I found out only those apps from BBW or original apps recovered, the others not.

So what should I do now? I have tried twice to reinstall OS.   

Contributor

Re: HELP! I LOST many apps after reinstalled the 10.2.1 OS

I found this. the softwe release should be 537, but now it says No information available. and my home screen.IMG_20140205_174345.pngIMG_20140205_175158.png

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Based on the screenshot you didn't follow my instructions in the other thread and reinstall the OS using BB Link.  You installed a developer version of the OS that you downloaded from somewhere that is incomplete.  Please do the following if you're not using Link to install the OS officially:

1. Connect your device to your PC and make a full backup with BB Link (if you don't already have a backup.)

2. Download the correct autoloader for your device from the first post in the thread linked below. You need to know your full model number (i.e. STL100-1 (or -2, -3, -4) which can be found in Settings >About. Make sure you download the one for your model that contains the radio file. There is another crackberry thread that contains a newer radio file that you can load once you're all done if you want to have the latest and greatest. The process for loading a radio file is the same as this process but no need for backup/restore.

10.2.1.1925 OS: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/lengend-presents-10-2-1-1925-all-q-z-887047/

10.2.1.1926 Radio: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/1926-radio-q10-5-z10-1-2-3-4-z30-891107/?highl... (load this the same way after the OS above has been loaded.)

You will need to unzip the downloaded file from above before you can run it. If you don't have an unzipping application on your computer you can download 7Zip from here: http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Close BB Link and leave the device connected.

Double click on the autoloader you downloaded.

The process should take around 5 minutes or so. when it's done, you'll need to complete the startup process before you can connect to Link and restore data.

When you're done you can restore your backup, though I recommend NOT restoring your Settings backup as it's best to start clean with this new OS but it's up to you. You may experience small bugs here and there from restoring the Settings portion of the backup. Media and Application data seem to be OK to restore.

This will install the correct version that has all the apps you're missing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

[ Edited ]

thanks for your pationce again.I am downloading the OS you gave me. but I am confusing. the OS file size is just less than 1G (If I am right,cause  there are many OS links) , and the 537 I reinstalled is 1.94G( I reinstall a few times, now my phone OS is not development OS--1.5G). So what is the difference between the 537 OS you gave me and mines (also 537,but the size is 1.94G) ? and the 1926 OS? new one?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I've already explained. The 10.2.1.1927 OS you installed is for developers (people who write applications for BlackBerry) and is for testing only. It is NOT a full OS, regardless of the size of the download.

You want 10.2.1.1925 that is available at the link I gave you. If you download a version that has the .1899 version of the radio you won't need to install the radio file at the link I provided. However, the radio file link I provided is a bit newer radio file and many say it works better. I'm using the .1926 radio. It takes only a moment to install anyway.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: airtel

Hi, I am having same problem only one page is available to me on my phone. Can you please provide the link from where i can download the full version of OS. I am having Z10 STL-2 and i am currently available with 10.2.1.1927. Can you please provide a link where full version of OS can be downloaded. Please help me out....

Guru II

You can find full autoloaders at the link below.  Make sure you make a full backup before loading one as they will wipe all your personal data.  Also, be aware that if you install an OS that is older than your current version you will not be able to restore the backup made under your current version. 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Upgrading-OS10-devices-using...

Contributor

Hi, Thanks for reply...but before i start downloading please tell me are these full versions of OS or they will again show me the single page on my phone? Will these OS install all apps in my Phone....?

As there are various versions of OS available for Z10 STL-100-2 which OS should i download from this list 10.2.1.3253, 10.2.1.3247, 10.2.1.3175, 10.2.1.2273, 10.2.1.2102, 10.2.1.537, OS 10.2.0.1803, OS 10.1.0.4537 and 10.1.0.4633 ?

What are the parameters i should see before downloading any OS?
I am having Z10 STL 100-2. I am currently located in Gujarat, India and my carier is Airtel.

Please reply as soon as possible.....i am in big problem..... my phone is still unusable.....

Guru II

Yes, those are full OS's. Pick the newest version available for your device model. Your carrier doesn't matter, just the model number.

Contributor

Thanks once again for helping me....let me share my experience what happened with me.....even i am wondering,

By the time i received your reply, I had already downloaded software 10.3 and loaded through sachsei, This was not at all compatible with my Z10 STL-2. My phone worked awkwardly.....Then i opened up blackberry link and reloaded to factory setting software,,,,,then also i was not able to wipe every data of 10.3,,,,suddenly a window appeared on my laptop screen stating that "your device needs upgraded version (10.2.1.537) "  "Are you ready to download" ?  I clicked Yes.... It started downloading....It took approx 4-5 hours and fetched more then 2.5 GB of data...After downloading of 1.6GB data showed me that 98% downloading was over but it never jumped to 99 or 100%...and downloading was still on..it reached 2.5 GB and then showed 100% . Device was rebooted and is now working well.....The only drawback is that..... this OS has  no radio for Z10 STL-2 (not in india atleast),,, no option to select bass, treble, jazz, rock etc... kind of options in music player...& LED blinks only when there is any notification like msg or miss call or whatsapp msg or any other notification...otherwise it is off.... Do you have solution to these problems......I didnt get chance to use those links which you sent....but anyways i thank you from bottom of my heart for helping me out.....thank you, thank you very much....One more thing for info., In india only Z10 STL-2 Models will work for 4G. Because the 4G band alloted to India is of 2300....which is there in Z10 STL 100 -2  (it can support till 2600 band) only and not in STL-1,3,4.....Do take care before buying Z10 at least in india....