Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: 3 UK

HELP! VAD is driving me nuts

please tell me how to remove this annoying thing

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: HELP! VAD is driving me nuts

Why do you need to remove it? Just don't use it if you don't like it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

it keeps popping up
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It should only pop up if you activate it. The easiest way is the button between the volume buttons.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

it pops up when i dont touch anything
Guru II

Can you post a screenshot of what comes up? You can take a screen shot by pressing the volume up and volume down buttons at the same time.

Contributor

the VAD pops up

Guru II

Yes, you said that. There is much more than just VAD (voice activated dialing) on the Z10. There is voice texting, voice input to the browser and much more. When I activate mine it says "What would you like to do? Send a text, an email, or a BBM message. Call a contact, search the internet, schedule an appointment, or make a note." Is this what is popping up?

Highlighted
Contributor

yes
Guru II

The only way that comes up is by pressing and holding the center button between the volume keys or touching the icon for it. Is there something wrong with that button? Is it stuck down or broken or something?