Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: SFR

HELP WITH CONTACTS IN 3 COPIES

Hi,

I have a BB Z10 with a Google account set up.

So far everything seemed to work fine until I had new contacts manually in the phone.

That has made a contact in three copies

- one on the sim

- one local

- one on Google account

How can I choose where I want the contact to be added to? To avoid multiple copies?

Thank you for your help 

K.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

Re: HELP WITH CONTACTS IN 3 COPIES

The contacts being saved on local cannot be altered. You can turn off the contacts being saved on the SIM and on Google. Swipe down from the top and select settings. Toggle the radio buttons to turn off the Gmail or SIM according to what you need.

The three copies on the phone however add redundancy to your contacts by backing up your contacts on your gmail account and your sim card (just in case anything goes wrong with your phone) and the three contacts can be linked together resulting in the contacts being displayed as one. This should be done automatically by default.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

I've found that most of the time you have to manually link the contacts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

It is really weird as I am syncing my conatcts with almost 5 email accounts, sim, facebook and linkedin and all the contacts link up together. 

Although there was a problem for multiple contacts, but that was due to an error with the Gmail syncing of contacts. I deleted the gmail contacts from the accounts in the settings app of the phone and added them back again. This resolved my issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: SFR

Thank you for your answer redundancy on local make sense but I was more questioning on the sim copy. I will try to deactivate it.
Take care